PDA

View Full Version : Potential Buy 1997 GSX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

SlowWhite
05-14-2014, 12:28 AM
To stop clutting up the other tuning thread with questions about the car I'm considering.

I thought I'd post up before I make the final decision and get inputs.

To start the current owner bought this car as a project and after looking at the photos of the day he picked it up boy was it ever. Still needs some work but it has Zero rust that i can see from all his photos of the underside as well as exterior and engine compartment other then on some bolt heads.

Car was built at ASAPerformance - was given photos of the build at there shop with his car in the background (license plate visible) first person i've talked to in 7months that could produce picts or a reciept for build.

General Mods:
Bolt-on Modifications:
FMIC, 2.25" IC piping, Tial BOV, Evo III Intake Manifold, 1G NT throttle body, FP Race exhaust manifold, HX35 w. BEP bolt-on turbine housing, Punishment Racing 02 housing converted to v-band, 3" SS downpipe, 3" SS exhaust, Bosch 2000cc injectors, aftermarket fuel rail, Aeromotive AFPR w/ gauge, Race Parts Solutions in-line SS fuel filter, SS fuel lines, Walboro 450 E85 pump, Buschur COP with Dynatec ignition box, Fidanza cam gears, FP 4" intake, Tial mvs 38 wastegate, forward facing oil filter housing, crushed water pipe welded at the end.

Engine Management:
ECMLink v3 on Speed Density, AEM wideband gauge, AEM Boost gauge, Ingersoll Rand Boost Control Solenoid controlled by ECMLink

Engine Internals:
6-bolt block .020 over, ARP classic head studs, Wiseco 9:0 pistons, Eagle H beam rods, ARP main studs, BSE, Kiggly crank trigger, Kiggly HLA pressure regulator, Fel-Pro HD MLS headgasket, HKS 272 cams, Crower valve springs, Crower Titanium retainers.

Drivetrain Modifications:
Stock 5-speed tranny, SS clutch line, ACT 2600 PP & 6-puck disk , 12-lb chromoly flywheel, Stock Rear LSD, Prothane mount inserts, solid shifter cable bushings, Torque Solutions Drive Shaft Bushings, Fluidampr crank pully, ARP crank pulley bolts.

Suspension Modifications:
HP Design RP5's 18x8, 235/40/18 Nankang el Cheapo tires, Hawk HP pads, Outlander Brake upgrade with SS brake lines. drilled and slotted rotors all around, Tokico HP shocks with Tockico springs

dynod 425awhp on a mustang dyno on E85.

dsmreck
05-14-2014, 01:06 AM
its red though

asshanson
05-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Seems like a nice setup, do you mind posting the asking price? Understand if you don't, but it may help people tell you if it's a decent buy.

If you are going to retune for pump I would get smaller injectors, no need for anything bigger than 800cc and driveability would be a lot better. After selling the big injectors you would probably come out ahead anyway. But honestly of you have e85 anywhere near, I'd leave the tune as is, you'll lose a decent amount of hp going to pump. How much boost is that tune running?

SlowWhite
05-14-2014, 02:54 AM
ya its red... every white one i find is way overpriced for the mod list, or it sells before I can get to it.

The body of this car and the interior need work (cloth interior i'm going to swap to all black)

but what has me sold on it is the build, its the first time in 7 months anyone i talked to about there car could provide proof of build, and wasnt done by the owner in his garage or a friend of a friend who happens to work on cars. etc etc.

I just want to have a tune for both 93 and E85. trying to drive 10hrs from florida to SC. on E85 would be difficult to say the least at finding gas stations.

The asking price is $6,000 for this particular car.

SlowWhite
05-14-2014, 03:05 AM
My ultimate plans come tax season next year if I do go with this car would be.
-Fix the body (previous owner had a body kit on it that the current owner took off as well as shaved the rear wiper but did a bad job of filling it in)
-Swap out the Interior
-Paint.
-New rims probably xxr 522, or 531's.

Depending on whats left - I might swap turbos or maybe a magnus v3 with there TB.

turbotalon1g
05-14-2014, 07:16 AM
That seems like a good price considering he paid a reputable shop to do the work.
I'd pay that much for it. That turbo will do over 500whp dynojet for sure.

Goat Blower
05-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Yeah, that really looks pretty decent, I can't believe what people are asking for some DSM's these days. It's laughable.

Halon
05-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Seems like a decent build sheet. Price seems reasonable. If it truly is rust free, that's worth a lot in my book.

XXR's, herra frush!!!

dsmreck
05-14-2014, 08:47 AM
I agree rust free makes it worth so much more and easily outweighs the interior.

scheides
05-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Where in florida is it? My brother lives near Orlando if you need a set of eyes on it.