PDA

View Full Version : Potential Buy 1997 GSX

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

goodhart
05-25-2014, 12:29 AM
Sure seems eager to get rid of it. Take an extra good look

SlowWhite
05-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Lol he wasn't eager to lower the price. Took some convincing.

And personally I think if in hadn't paid tp have it dyno'd and already bought my plane ticket he would have walked away from the sale.

Anyrate still plan to walk away and if so there's one that came up in Georgia again so I might just swing by of this one falls through and check it out.
Anyone have any recommendations for a car cover for an eclipse, maybe dual purpose to cover the x5 when im driving what ever new car I get?

Car will be kept outside till I can clear out all the crap in my garage that the wife's been accumulating for her photography stuff

SlowWhite
05-31-2014, 08:42 PM
well got back from my trip then headed straight to my moms with the family at the beach.

Got down there and car ran and shifted great, car was rust free like advertised had a blast test driving the car for 40min all over wpb. Noticed it needed tuning or something at under 10% throttle (basically when you try to maintain a speed under 80 mph) it would hickup occassionally not sure if its due to large injectors or what but only happens at low throttle.

But overall the car was in a lot rougher condition then i expected as far as exterior and interior goes. There was maybe 3 plastic pieces usable in the interior, rest are scratched or cut up in some way shape or form or not to the standard i want.

And the Exterior like advertised needed to be painted (but didn't look like the whole car was done in rustoleum in picts, decent job painting just not like the oem shine or what not that i was thinking it had)

positive note the car had an double din touchscreen generic dvd player and upgraded sound which he didnt list. (you could see the double din but we never discussed the stereo) but works fantastic and sounds great he also showed me it had new starter, alternator, PS pump, and axles, (over the last 2 years, looked over his reciepts)

So after explaining to him my issues / concerns and basically saying take me back to the airport, he went to talk to his wife, i stepped outside and called my wife to let her know it looks like i'll be flying home.

He came outside and agreed to the price i was willing to pay for the car as it is.

So got home from the 10.5hr drive in the new project car. Which that is a testimate in itself in my book. Many of you know my old eclipse always had a hard time making it to rockfalls with out breaking down and never once was able to make it to BIR.

So originally i was thinking quick paint job. But will probably do a full on motor out paint job next tax season.

And the interior is going to be completely swapped out, and am going to shoot for full black interior.

Those things I plan to do first and foremost unless something mechanical comes up that takes priority, but no upgrades etc till that's done.

JET
06-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Nice, good luck with it Brian!

SlowWhite
06-01-2014, 09:28 AM
I spent most of last night reading tech articles of v3. As speed density is completely new to me and so is the boost control. I went ahead and bought myself a laptop as well last night (was going to use my wife's work laptop when I needed to, but even last night I had to wait three hours to use it because she was editing photos)

turbotalon1g
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Congrats on the new purchase, but if you had troubles driving to RFR or BIR, I'd say don't mod it too much.

SlowWhite
06-01-2014, 10:15 AM
lol ya my old car just had awful bad luck when i wanted to take it to a track or road trip. Seemed something always broke the day of or just before hand.

Blew a turbo once 5 miles from Bir doing pulls against swanny's stealth.

Tried to drive it to the shoot out one year, was going to leave after work and found an oil leak under the car as i was walking out to the car to leave.

Just to name a few fun times lol.

Back then although I always paid to have most of the work done and tuned. That car was beat on every single day, everywhere it was driven which is why it broke so much. its just the nature of the game when you drive a car as hard as I was back then.

TkrPerformance
06-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Congrats. Get some pics up of it.

SlowWhite
06-01-2014, 02:36 PM
here are some pictures

SlowWhite
06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
here are some logs from taking my son out for a ride (hes officially an adrenaline junky. All he wanted to do was go faster. Even asked me to go get his "racing seat"...carseat. so we could stop idling around my neighborhood lol.

I wouldnt do more then 1-2sec pulls with him in the car but definetely needs to be tuned for SC weather vs florida. It's really rich on decel/zero throttle as it must shoot flames.
and there is still a hesitation when I first depress the gas and at partial throttle while trying to maintain speed.

please let me know what you think, what needs to be changed etc. (will edit with files once i figure out how to upload them lol)

edit - well here is the link on ecmlink forums of my logs since I cant upload here
http://www.ecmtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?p=650246#post650246