PDA

View Full Version : Not something I'm proud of, but I'm now "uninsurable".

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tauni
11-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Don't flame me, I don't really care to hear it. I need honest help and suggestions.

My dad's insurance company [State Farm] won't unsure me unless I'm in the "high risk" program which will end up making my dad's insurance double. So now I'm on my own.

Thankfully, I've slowed down a lot, and I watch my speed more, so hopefully I won't be getting any more tickets for awhile, but I still have some time before this shit dies off my record.

Does anyone know of a good insurance company that is good for this kind of thing? I already know I'm going to get anal raped with insurance but I need to start some place.

Kracka
11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Progressive is a good place to start. After that, talk to Reid, he knew of a place in Crystal (I think) that dealt soley with "high-risk" individuals.

TheBlizzard
11-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah Progressive is usually the best with "high risk". Either way its not going to be cheap by any means. Your location might not be helping either.

Super Bleeder!!
11-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Identity swap.

Tauni
11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Your location might not be helping either.

What do you mean? You know I'm back in MN right?

Yah, my dad had mentioned Progressive, so I'll check them out tomorrow, along with E-surance. Has anyone ever dealt with them?

turbotalon1g
11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
american family or liberty mutual get it done for me.
Lie to the insurance company about as much as u can.

TkrPerformance
11-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I have progressive only one that was cheap for me
I have on mine right now
2 driving with no prof
2 driving after susp
1 driving after rev
1 speeding
mine is 130.00 for the talon

Tauni
11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I have progressive only one that was cheap for me
I have on mine right now
2 driving with no prof
2 driving after susp
1 driving after rev
1 speeding
mine is 130.00 for the talon

That gives me SOME hope. I have 4 speeding and one red light ticket. And I will be insuring a 1990 Galant. Non-turbo, just a regular, auto.

sleepy2lazy
11-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Your under your dad's insurance?

hmm.....Are you currently in school as well?
If you are, even if your a "high risk", wouldn't good grades get you like 20% discount.
Just a thought.

A//// Guy
11-09-2006, 09:52 PM
That gives me SOME hope. I have 4 speeding and one red light ticket. And I will be insuring a 1990 Galant. Non-turbo, just a regular, auto.

Hes ALOT older than you though, which lowers insurance costs dramatically. Being young with a record makes it very hard to get a decent rate. Call the major companies and see what they can do as far as rates. American family, progressive, state farm, etc. There are some special high risk insurance companies but I forget their names.

Just liability on that old of a car shouldnt be insanely high, just call around to start.