PDA

View Full Version : Not something I'm proud of, but I'm now "uninsurable".

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Tauni
11-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I have renters insurance on my apartment and my full coverage on the Blazer, thats it. You dont live at home, arent you renting then?

Nooope, I live with a friend and her mom.

DSM_421
11-12-2006, 08:17 PM
No, I don't remember? In your DSM? Jerry's a pussy and a mama's boy. K yah.. Don't even get me started on him.

This was a year and a half atleast before I had my DSM.

Jerry had that purple Tiberon and I had the white RSX type S Mine was stock with the spare in the rear and he had a few things done like cold air intake. We went from a roll in 2nd up the hill on Lexington towards McDonalds and I had the outside lane (turns left) and still pulled on him shifting 500 before redline. I was about to sell the car and it had a brand new engine in it so didn't want to risk anything, but type S can go 500 into redline no problem.

3speedgsx
11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
OK here's what I came up with.. I thought it was pretty interesting.

AAA: $1065.00/six months
Progressive: $1082/six months [for whatever reason, they decided to include the pay in full discount with this, so I'm not sure what the exact price is
American Family: $1,089/six months
Esurance: $1315/six months
Allstate: $1838/six months
Geico: $1861.90/six months

What exactly is your driving record like? I have a speeding ticket and acccident on mine and my insurance is $125 a month on my Stang for minimum coverage. I thought it was weird that My agent told me no matter what car i had and what my record was like my liability coverage would always be the same, doesn't seem right. I have had a Lt-1, a 5.0, 2.0 Turbo so far and they have all been the same. Oh and I have American Family.

Tauni
11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
LOL I have a weeee bit more than that. I have had 4 speeding tickets, one major accident and one minor accident [which I'm really not even sure if it was reported or not?]

TheBlizzard
11-13-2006, 06:53 AM
I am surprised you even have a license with all those tickets. Usually after 3 they take away your drivers license for awhile. It would be safe to assume you will be paying over 200 per month for just liability. I am sure with your accidents and tickets you would be right up there with a person that has a DWI as far as the insurance company is concerned.

Tauni
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I am surprised you even have a license with all those tickets. Usually after 3 they take away your drivers license for awhile. It would be safe to assume you will be paying over 200 per month for just liability. I am sure with your accidents and tickets you would be right up there with a person that has a DWI as far as the insurance company is concerned.

Two of the tickets were from Texas, thats why I have a liscense.

AwdGSX13
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
hey tauni... this may or may not help, but my record is really screwed up such as at one point in time they wanted like 11000 a year for insurance... yes 3 zero's. i had like 6 tickets and 2 accidents, which i never lost my license. At any rate i switched to progressive after my insurance went down some and progressive dropped it down even more like.. $150 less a month so maybe look into them?

Kracka
11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
At any rate i switched to progressive after my insurance went down some and progressive dropped it down even more like.. $150 less a month so maybe look into them?
Have you read any of this thread besides the first post? Just wondering ;)

AwdGSX13
11-13-2006, 04:26 PM
ok ok ill admit it... i skimmed some.. oh well just tryin to help :rolleyes:

Outlaw1
11-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Two of the tickets were from Texas, thats why I have a liscense.

Your driving has to suck if you can't even spell the word "license".

...and I'm not sure why your insurance would go up for those tickets you got here in Texas. Sex in a vehicle is not a moving violation. Hmmm... Or is it...?

I had actually typed a super long reply all about my dealings with Progressive. I hit the Submit Reply and this computer freaked out and I'm not about to retype that thing, it was a novel.

Good luck with school and your quest for insurance.

:D