MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 03-02-2011   #1
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla
MAP Dyno Results: O2 Eliminator / LICP / Rev3 Intake Mani / Tubular Exhaust Mani

We recently wrapped up a 2.4L FP Black build for a customer (check out his thread here) with underwhelming results. Ideas were being tossed around in the aforementioned thread in regards to potential bottlenecks so we decided to embrace this opportunity and swap out some of the components with MAP equivalents. Enjoy!

MAP Standard O2 Housing / eBay 3" Downpipe to MAP 3" O2 Eliminator

Most people looking at a list of mods wouldn't assume there would be a significant difference between a standard aftermarket O2 housing / downpipe combination and our O2 Eliminator...they would be wrong +23.55whp and +41.17ft/lbs is pretty significant in my book!

Injen LICP to MAP LICP

After the LICP swap the power curve was still a bit wavy but the big dip at 6500 all but disappeared. Couple that with an 8whp peak gain and I'm pretty happy with the results considering it was aftermarket vs aftermarket.

Stock IM & TB to MAP Rev3 IM & Full Blown 70mm TB

I'm not too excited about the peak gains, but two large areas have improved substantially (37whp and 32 ft/lbs just over 6k). It still seems to be choking up top though.

Stock Exhaust Manifold to MAP Short Runner Tubular Manifold

I'm a little more excited about this one It saw peak gains of 26whp and 14ft/lbs with even larger gains of 43whp and 34ft/lbs at 6500 rpms! It's also pertinent to note that these gains were realized with one less pound of boost, we tried to match it up but the clutch was starting to hate life at these power levels

E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #2
scheides
flips McGee

Re: MAP Dyno Results: O2 Eliminator / LICP / Rev3 Intake Mani / Tubular Exhaust Mani

Awesome results! Great parts combo truely makes for great power!

Awesome back-to-back-to-back testing guys, this has truely transformed this car from whoah to waaaaaahhoooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #3
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX
Re: MAP Dyno Results: O2 Eliminator / LICP / Rev3 Intake Mani / Tubular Exhaust Mani

Not only do you guys make great parts, you make great parts that work great together.

503 to 578 is a brilliant gain for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #4
v8klla

Thank you sir

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
Old 03-03-2011   #5
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Very nice gains! That's impressive.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #6
LingLing
AznKraut

Drives: '03 325i, '98 Ranger '03 Duramax
Send a message via AIM to LingLing Send a message via MSN to LingLing

Wow, that's some good stuff right there! Just another testament to the high quality parts and service from you guys!
Old 03-03-2011   #7
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Great gains guys! It is nice to see R&D time pay off.
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #8
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Wow, this is awesome. I didn't expect that big of gains out of the short runner manifold. Really makes me wonder if the short runner or the standard tubular would be better...I really like that even with less boost the short runner still has zero added lag over stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.

Last edited by goodhart; 03-03-2011 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: spelling
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #9
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Sweet gains!
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #10
v8klla

Thanks guys! We had hoped to test our MAP fabricated "long runner" tubular manifold as well but the clutch just couldn't hold up I would expect a bit more lag with even more top end gains.

Old 03-03-2011   #11
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8klla View Post
Thanks guys! We had hoped to test our MAP fabricated "long runner" tubular manifold as well but the clutch just couldn't hold up I would expect a bit more lag with even more top end gains.
Honestly torque tapers/flattens out more than I would have expected with the smoothing on the graph (look at 4700 to 5500rpm). I bet if you put in a stronger clutch you pick up some power just from the additional clamping forces, should add to the overall power curve after 4700 as once they start slipping, we all know they don't catch up.

Still, great gains.
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote