MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 03-08-2007   #21
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Re: What injectors are you running?

Your setup will be fine either way, with the 880's or the 1000's. AEM has good enough injector drivers to run the 1k's without a problem
Old 03-08-2007   #22
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

I said 880s because after that with PTE anyways the price goes up. I ran 880s in my Galant and Talon with an EMS and a 60trim running as much boost as possible, 39.8psi on the street once, and I only used ~90% of the 880s. I did have twin walbros and -6AN lines, base fuel pressure was 43 I think.

~John
Old 03-08-2007   #23
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse97gs-t View Post
Everyone has a different opinion on injector size its driving me crazy. Some people say you will never max out 650s with a 50 trim and some people say get 880s or 1000cc for a 20g. fuel injector calculators tell you over 1000cc for 400hp with 4 injectors in a turbo application. Every time I think I’ve decided on what I’m going to get I hear something different. I am planning on a turbo upgrade but not for a few years so I’m not just trying to get the best injectors for the 20g. Any input would be awesome.
Fuel injector calculators always want you to use too high of a BSFC number on forced induction cars for modern turbo engines. The also say to run a max duty cylce of 80%. Everyone and their mother, including factory stock Hondas, will run injectors up to 95%+ without any problems at all. The amount of fuel needed for pump gas versus race gas is also huge. You might use 10-15% less fuel on race gas at the same power level versus pump gas on a turbo car.

As a general rule take the injector cc size and multiply it by .67, that will give you an idea of how much power they will support on a turbo DSM on race gas at the wheels on a Dynojet with a little room to grow still. Running higher than a 43.5psi base fuel pressure will also basically increase the size of your injectors, but lower the max potential of your fuel pump.

Last edited by Shane@DBPerformance; 03-08-2007 at 12:23 PM..
Shane@DBPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #24
eclipse97gs-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9guy9 View Post
I've got a set of FIC 850's I would sell ya.

I too am going 1600 for Korn
Sold! How much do you want for them? I'm in mankato
eclipse97gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #25
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

I ran 550's with my 20G and never had a problem running out of fuel. 1000cc injectors for that setup is huge overkill and a waste of money unless you're planning on running E85.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #26
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse97gs-t View Post
Everyone has a different opinion on injector size its driving me crazy. Some people say you will never max out 650s with a 50 trim and some people say get 880s or 1000cc for a 20g. fuel injector calculators tell you over 1000cc for 400hp with 4 injectors in a turbo application. Every time I think I’ve decided on what I’m going to get I hear something different. I am planning on a turbo upgrade but not for a few years so I’m not just trying to get the best injectors for the 20g. Any input would be awesome.
With an AEM EMS it makes sence to run the largest injector that you can feasable control if:
1)You can get the Microsec pulse down to get the spray pattern down.
2)Keep the IDC's lower. Yes OEM's run them high, but if you can run an aftermarket injector around 70-80% IDC then it is just healthier for the parts.
3)AEM injector drivers are not as good as some OEM's. You usually need more injector with an AEM EMS compared to using piggybacks and factory ecu's.

Shane has some good info regarding sizing and what not. Since PTE charges the same from 580-880cc injectors, it makes sence to give yourself some room to upgrade.

Also, what boost you plan on running and gasoline type plays a HUGE role on injector sizing. What is good for race gas isn't good for pump, and visa versa.
If you plan on running huge boost on 92 octane you will need more injector compared to C-16 due to different target AFR's.