MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 04-04-2004   #1
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
ok, i am going to resort to using the atv or whatever the hell is that crap called, to make the seal better (gasket)

the oil leak is coming from the outside the seal not around the axles.. at least thats what it looks like to me.

Now i have a few options..

I know dealers have that dye they put in oil or coolant and when they put the black light it shines and they can identify it right away.. Does anyone know if thats something i can put in the trany and where i can get it.

Another option is to get some good atv sealant and put it around the seal housing on trany and letting it dry up a little before puting on the seal in. that should keep the oil in there..

those are the only options i could see right now because the oil is definetely coming only from BOTH of the seals and no where else..

i hate oil leaks.. if anything makes me sell the car it will be that!

-E
Old 04-05-2004   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
I believe you are referring to RTV. The "Ultra Copper" has been good to me...its silicone based with copper flakes in it, stands up to 750-degrees. For just an axle seal though, the blue stuff would probably work just fine.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004   #3
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
rtv atv same thing.... (shh don't tell him its not)

Thanx man!

-E