PDA

View Full Version : removal of monuments from government property

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

1ViciousGSX
07-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Being told that you're not allowed to get married because the way you were born feels a big oppressive if you ask me. Now, this is a bit off topic, and I'm not assuming that all Christians feel this way. But many obviously do, and are trying to use religion to justify their oppression the oppression.

And belief that adultery is grounds for divorce? Please, sneezing too loudly is fucking grounds for divorce in today's society.

Here we go again,.............. So please pay attention this time.

Nobody stopped anybody in the past from getting married. Everybody had/has the right to get married. Marriage was defined as the union between a man and a woman. I have yet to see where that is oppressive, because any man and any woman could get married, regardless of nationality or race. So show me.

Your complaint is that you couldn't join into a civil union of same sex couples and call it a marriage, which was not a marriage by definition.

Here's some oppression for ya, how about a tax structure that penalizes you based on whether you are married or not. Should that make a difference? If so, why?