PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is this world coming to?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Matt D.
05-06-2010, 09:45 AM
A friend linked this to me. Read the story and watch the video, I'm speechless.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/05/05/video-of-swat-raid-on-missouri

twack
05-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I hope they fucking rot in hell. Such shitty information and shitty cops!

Matt D.
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
And this...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

twack
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
nope first one pissed me off much more

goodhart
05-06-2010, 10:39 AM
And this...

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

hahaha stupid bitch, she doesn't even know that Cinco De Mayo isn't Mexico's independence day. What a joke, that principal should be shot in the face and live.

Those pigs in the previous video should all go to fucking jail for what they did. WTF. I'm e-mailing both videos to some of my Criminal justice professors to see what they have to say about these videos.

A//// Guy
05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
So messed up.

Ihearrtdsm
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
wow horrible!

awd-drifter
05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
They should NOT have raided the house like that. My aunt is married to an officer and I've asked him about these kinds of videos online; he tells us that the case has to be pretty extreme to be raiding houses, selling narcotics or illegal drugs or just something that's pretty extreme(illegal weapons, that sort of stuff). It's not needed to raid a house unless the suspect is known to have dangerous weapons. I want to know more on both sides of the story but raiding the house is pretty insane and shooting inside the house also.

1QUICK4
05-06-2010, 12:15 PM
wow

Halon
05-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Damn can't watch that first one here at work.

But the second one, hmm... I kinda feel like it's kinda a grey area for what the school faculty should have done. I agree it's stupid that it was even an issue in the first place because this is America, and banning someone from wearing anything patriotic is ridiculous.

But I like to look at things from both angles though. At the same time the faculty is looking out for the safety of the kids. And if a bunch of the mexican kids were getting all huffy puffy, and there was a likely chance that a fight was going to break out at school because of it, well then despite the position of the faculty on the actual clothes, they should have the students safety as one of their top priorities. So in that sense of things, I can see them trying to take some kind of action to keep everyone safe. I think it's kind of a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" because if those kids wearing the american flag shirts would have gotten their asses kicked by all those other kids, well then the parents would be screaming about how their kids got beat up at the school and that the faculty should have done something to prevent it all.

It's too bad really. The kids wearing the shirts did nothing wrong. The other ones are the root cause of the drama if they were getting all antsie about it. But I can't say I 100% blame the school faculty for trying to do something to ensure the safety of all the students if that was their reasoning. Maybe they could have done something else, like take the other kids who started the drama to the principles office and punish them, but well they probably had to make a decision fairly quickly, and that's what they did. It's easy to sit back now and pick it all apart, but when tempers are flying at a school during lunch or something, well sometimes you gotta make a decision quickly before something escalates into a fight, and I don't personally blame them for that.

Hopefully they just take it all as a lessoned learned and are better prepared for it when it happens next year, because I bet the kids will do the same thing next year again :)