PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Eagle Talon TSI Project

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

tpunx99GSX
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Ok so i figure its getting close to the project start. Hopefully it freakin warms up soon. Unless someone has a nice garage heater they can borrow me. :)
Phase one is to get the car running with the least amount of pain and money possible. Ive decided against pulling the motor at this point due to weather/time involved. Will likely do this during the summer when i can actually think without getting a brain freeze.
Phase One:
- Pull head, Pull #4 piston, Attach new Manley I Beam rod. Attach to crank with new rod bearings.
- Replace Rod Bearings for 1-3 rods to keep everything even.
- Clean up engine bay wiring. Finish install of Crane Cams Fireball Ignition. (Decided to keep the ignition, if i decide to pull it later who knows.)
- Retorque any bolt i see.
- Hook driveshaft back up.
- Verify car will start, run, and drive.
- Pull seats, and carpet. Use carpet cleaner to clean carpet and renew its original cleanliness
- Purchase and install new headunit (Just need a cheap stereo with a USB hookup)
- Repair seat tears.
- If Stephan cannot get the center console or back seat, i will be looking to puchase these along with the rest of the interior.
- Replace front fenders.
- Purchase and install Emergancy Break lever and anything missing there.

Phase Two, will be after the wedding (July 3rd). This will be where the car turns from Fun car to fun and Fast car.
- DSMLink V3 with GMMAF setup.
- 900+ cc injectors
- Large Turbo
- Built Head
- Cams
- Possible Water to Air Intercooler
- 255 Fuel Pump
- Better Exhaust
- Tune Tune Tune.

Matt D.
01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I have a kerosene torpedo heater you can use. Pick up some kerosene at Fleet Farm, plug it in and you're set.

tpunx99GSX
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a kerosene torpedo heater you can use. Pick up some kerosene at Fleet Farm, plug it in and you're set.

That would be awesome. All i have for heaters are 2 small room heaters, that dont produce enough heat in the garage. Where are you living nowadays?

Matt D.
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Shoreview, right off 694 and Lexington.

tpunx99GSX
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Matt, looking forward to putting the garage heater to work this week. :)

tpunx99GSX
02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Addendum to phase 1. Also need to replace a piston. :( Its cracked right on the one of the holes that the wrist pin goes through. YAY.

Im about 99% sure the valves are not bent. BUT, and im doubting this will affect anything, The piston slapped the head and left a mark on the head where it goes flat on the intake side, the mark is very slight and there is no cracks there. I should really take pictures and post them up. The rod was really fucked up.

asshanson
02-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Im about 99% sure the valves are not bent. BUT, and im doubting this will affect anything

Seriously? WTF.
Get that thing rebuilt, especially with your goals.

93tsiawd
02-04-2010, 07:32 AM
i have a 6 bolt head if ur interested

turbotalon1g
02-04-2010, 07:48 AM
What large turbo are you thinking?

tpunx99GSX
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Where would be a good place to have it resurfaced? Like i said, its basically just a scratch where the piston hit. i think a simple resurface would probably make it look like nothing happened. This head has nothing to do with my goals. I would change that out for a ported 2g head.