MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 08-05-2004   #1
DSM97RS

Send a message via AIM to DSM97RS
i ordered a set of turntables and mixer new a few days ago and just got the supposed 70lb box at my door, it weighted about 20... after opening it up, i took the mixer out, and realized the box at the bottom was empty. meaning there are no turntables inside. the bottom of the box has a single piece of clear tape over the originally cut brown tape meaning someone opened it up and jacked it. anyone ever have to file a claim for stolen merchandise with ups and how did it end up. i hope i get back my 700$ worth of stuff but who knows..
DSM97RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #2
2003eclipse
Slower than a rusty Honda

oh yeah shippers steal shit all the time, ever worked a shitty job get crap for hours and have all those tempting things in your face thinking you need to be compensated for your shitty job, well yeah thats what happens. file a claim with the shipper who ever delivered it dont take your time on it at all should be shippers fault.

-joe
Old 08-06-2004   #3
Knoc

Tournaments Won: 6

I hate to say it but UPS sucks balls. I was just bitching about them today. I got a Savage rc truck that the dude sent it 2 day delivery UPS. Well I sent mine 3 day Fed Ex and mine got there in 2 days (With Fed ex 3 day) and the UPS (2 day) took 4 days!!!! I always have probs with them. I had shipped out a lowrider bike where it eventually just got returned because of the label being wrong and the RIMS were gone. And they were BOLTED on the bike!!! I filed complaints until my ears turned blue but they said I didnt have proof and didnt have a claim. And I even had $500 worth of insurance on it. There fucked up. And that is why I ALWAYS now ship fed ex. And I only had ONE isure and it was damage on some motorcyle pieces I got that were UN-INSURED but they covered them anyway. But good luck with it, and keep us posted!
Old 08-06-2004   #4
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Ya, nothing but problems with them here as well. I sent a 1000 money order, and they lost the thing for 2 weeks, then found it. I also sent my friend his computer that he left in Yuma. Sent it and tagged on like 400 bux worth of insurance since that's about all the tower was worth. Well he received it and the thing didn't work, come to find out all the ram was gone. Where to? I could prolly take a good guess. Well he filed a claim, sent it back, they said sorry you can't prove it ever worked, and then shipped it back to me. So in the end, we paid like 70 bux to ship it to myself bascially, and in route somehow the RAM disappeared. Not to satisfied with them to say the least.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #5
SuperSleeper

Drives: 2012 Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to SuperSleeper
That's shitty news, Chuck. Hope it all gets figured out.
SuperSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #6
JDM
None

AMG Drift Competition Champion!
Drives: A car
Send a message via MSN to JDM
The biggest Mail Theft/Check Fraud Case in Washington county originated at UPS in Eagan. I almost arrested two of em in Hudson WI.

Bastards

best of luch to you
Old 08-06-2004   #7
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
See I love UPS and haven't had much luck with Fed EX. Business wise both have been good for us, but for my personal shit Fed Ex has sucked ass and UPS has always came through.
Old 08-06-2004   #8
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero
UPS just shipped one of my customers computers to Alaska! It mas supposed to go to Maryland! How in the hell did that happen?!

I have had better luck with FedEx but UPS offered my company a better deal this year so we switched :/

Jim
TalonFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #9
DSM97RS

im supposed to get a reply in the next business day (monday) to schedule a time for someone to come by and look at the package. waiting sucks
Old 08-06-2004   #10
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
I just shiped a 180# package thru fedex and paid $44 with $500 in insurance.. yeah.. i managed to twist my back lifting the damn sarcofagus for my trany up on their scale!!! and it only measured 88 pounds... now i looked like a weak ass for almost falling on my ass and lifting it like it weighed 180# ... i think their scale got broken

-E
Old 08-06-2004   #11
DSM97RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Enes@Aug 6 2004, 01:36 PM
I just shiped a 180# package thru fedex and paid $44 with $500 in insurance.. yeah.. i managed to twist my back lifting the damn sarcofagus for my trany up on their scale!!! and it only measured 88 pounds... now i looked like a weak ass for almost falling on my ass and lifting it like it weighed 180# ... i think their scale got broken

-E
haha, over 50% off shipping weight/price. not bad.
Old 08-08-2004   #12
vapour24

Tournaments Won: 6

:censored: i just got off the phone with my GF, she told me sombody jacked her 500$ Digital Camera while she was in Ecuador helping out the poor and building houses, im not sure why but this pisses me off becuase here she is helping out poor people and some stranger in return screws her by stealing her camera. oh well, it was bound to happen just it shouldnt have. :fworld:
Old 08-08-2004   #13
PSI2HI

Send a message via AIM to PSI2HI
UPS is a fucking joke an i avoid using them as much as possible. I wish my vendors would ship someone else. I can probably say UPS screws up @ least once a week w/ me or someone i know. We had 3 bad experiences last week alone.

Nick
PSI2HI is offline   Reply With Quote