MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 09-30-2010   #1
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4
clutch disengement issues!

So ive already destroyed 1 TB, and I think this one is destroyed as well.

Issues-

Tuesday I noticed when I pushed in the clutch while cruiseing on the free way the rpms didnt drop it just slightly jerked back and forth. So I pulled over to check it out and soon realized i could get into any gear unless the car was turned off! Called for a tow and got it home. Searched online for symptoms and came to the conclusion it had to be my TB.

other noteables-

Car wasnt fully disengaging in Brainerd at the MAP event. it would move foward when the 2 step was set to 6200rpm. I tried adjusting it how Jacks trans explains on youtube with no luck.

So my question is why is this happening wat causes the TB to go out or fail. I failed a comp one a few hundred miles ago.

I now currently have a act flywheel, act 6 puck, act PP, oem TB, new slave and unknown miles master.

I have read that with the shimming the clutch fork with washers helps with disengageing the clutch.

So my plan is to replace the fork, pivot ball and oem TB. with new OEM parts. Just wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks guys I know you'll be more than helpfull. And hopefully be on the rollers at MAP Sat.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: clutch disengement issues!

Maybe a broken spring in the clutch disk, or the slave cylinder isn't pushing the fork far enough. Aftermarket throwout bearings are to be avoided. Shimming the ball would help the clutch disengage properly, it's the same deal as using a longer rod in the slave cylinder. Have you tried bleeding the clutch line?

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #3
CornFed2.4

Bled it forever. Didn't get any better. Also I have an oem TOB in there now.
Old 09-30-2010   #4
adidasdudegst

Drives: 03 TB EVO

I had similar issues until i over stiffened the master cylinder adjustment screw, got an extended slave rod, then it actually seemed to be ok, well somewhat... I just ended up pulling the transmission last week to find that the ring which retains the fingers on the clutch, was cracked. Doesn't sound like that's the case for yours cause u weren't slipping in the upper rpms like i was, but its an idea i guess. The clutch wasn't an ACT but u never know
adidasdudegst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #5
CornFed2.4

New symptom. Loose flywheel bolts. Ordering new ones tomorrow. And this is prolly the reason for all my problems. Thanks guys for chiming in.
Old 10-02-2010   #6
CarPsyco84

Drives: 07' Z06, 16' Beta 300RR

Yeah, most likely. Little tip when putting the trans back on, is check the location of the fork when its at rest against the pp, should have at least half of that window in the bell housing left to travel if not shim the ball till the fork sits on the slave cyl side of center of that window. Theres a write up at RRE's website but I was too lazy to look it up. alot of good dsm drive line info there.