MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 04-28-2006   #1
Tman1gtsi

vibrations that scare me

hey, I have a 91 tsi, 109,000 miles, generally great condition for the age. She is lightly moded. I have begun to notice(before I broke a shifter fork) that there is a vibration coming from somewhere towards the front of the car. Now I checked it out and noticed that my exhaust manifold was a little loose, and I only had one stud for the downpipe. Well, I replaced the downpipe with fresh new studs of the correct size and thread, this reduced the noise, but it is stil very noticeable. however, my buddies and I are going to tear it apart soon, and was just looking for any ideas to help me. It only happens from about 2500-3000 rpm's, anything less or above is smoothe as a babies(rear end). Im new to dsm's and although I am learning fast, just figured id post, thanks very much.

-taylor
Tman1gtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006   #2
Berda

Send a message via AIM to Berda
Re: vibrations that scare me

check your heat shields, they tend to rust and bend. There is a smaller heatshield section connected towards the rear of the system. Thats what was rattleing for me. Also check your driveshaft (if its AWD) for indication of hitting a heat shield or exhaust part (like your cat).

-Adam
Old 04-28-2006   #3
Tman1gtsi

Re: vibrations that scare me

hey thanks, becuase now that I think of it, it was comming from under the car, not really in the engine bay, and I checked the exhaust and all the pipes etc, so ya, it is AWD, so ill look at the driveshaft, and maybe check what you said, thanks again
-taylor
Tman1gtsi is offline   Reply With Quote