MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2009   #1
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Teh Dizzevo

It's time I started one of these threads. Parts have begun to pile up.

The car:
2003 Evo 8 GSR, Tarmac Black
Currently just over 87,000 miles
Millen Racing intake with Perrin filter
Buschur 3" turbo-back exhaust
Megan O2 housing
eBay FMIC
Joe P boost controller
Koyo radiator
Painted headlights
JDM tail lights
K-Sport coilovers
Whiteline rear swaybar

I've been running Rota Torque 17x8 wheels with 235/45/17 Dunlop Direzza Z1 (non-Star Spec) tires for just over a year now. With close to 20 autocrosses on them and a LOT of road miles they are at the end of their life. I wanted to get some more rubber touching the road so I ordered some 255/40/17 Kumho Ecsta XS tires.

The idea was to run these on the 17x8 wheels, but the more I read about doing so and seeing pictures of that the more I didn't like it. So, without wasting any time I was treated to these four boxes greeting me tonight.

Inside are these:

Enkei RPF1 in 17x9 +22 weighing 16 pounds a piece. I will need to raise the car slightly (it's beyond the point of being too low as is, the roll center is below the pavement surface), roll the rear fenders and run 10mm spacers and longer studs in front.

After being relatively successful in autocross with an underprepared car (racing against cars with R-compound tires and I had street tires), finishing 2nd and 3rd in the two points series I was in, I decided it's time to have fun with the car and not worry so much about competing. I looked at the modification paths that people like Kracka and Scheides have taken and began looking for parts.

Here's what I've gathered so far:
HKS 280 cams
Walbro 255 fuel pump
FIC 850cc injectors
Binary seat lowering brackets

These will all hopefully be installed in the coming weeks. Once completed I'll be heading off to get tuned and then decide where to go from there. I'm not interested in running E85, so after getting tuned I will see where I'm at and decide if I want to buy a methanol injection system. A different turbo could also happen, but whether I go for a Evo IX turbo or something like a BBK is still up in the air. I could also benefit from hard intercooler pipes, probably a higher quality intercooler and some port work on the manifolds and turbine housing.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote