MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 10-24-2005   #1
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey
IPod Nanos

So are there any Nano owners around here?

Is what's claimed in this lawsuit true?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/ptech/1...eut/index.html

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #2
1ViciousGSX
Admin

Re: IPod Nanos

Sounds like the "American way" to me.

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #3
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX
Sounds like the "American way" to me.
Well, on another message board I am on, someone carried their nano in a suglasses pouch, designed to not scratch things, and within a week, he could hardly read the screen.

It sounds to me like they were actually "defective"
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #4
1ViciousGSX
Admin

That's why I said that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out a company put out a product knowing it wasn't right or truly ready for production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue89Quest
Well, on another message board I am on, someone carried their nano in a suglasses pouch, designed to not scratch things, and within a week, he could hardly read the screen.

It sounds to me like they were actually "defective"

"You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance."

When she get's bitchy, SPANK THAT ASS!
(#Y#)
1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #5
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox

We(and I mean we as in the Best Buy I work at) have seen A LOT of these things scracthed all to hell. Supposedly the Apple representative told the customer service reps that any and all should be exchanged due to them knowing about this. Apparently it has also gone through the upper ranks of corporate offices. So Apple knows, and is trying to take care of it. But a lawsuit? Come on.

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005   #6
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires

I have one.. no problems yet. But I do try to take care of it probably better than most.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005   #7
Colin

Send a message via AIM to Colin

I've had my gen2 iPod for years, never had scratching to the amount where I would consider it excessive.... but people need to realize that these things aren't exactly made of marble. Toss it in your backpack with a couple of spiral-bound notebooks or in your pocket with a couple of quarters and a pocket knife, and yeah... the polycarbonate will scratch.

Maybe I'm wrong... Apple may have switched materials and went to a softer type of plastic for the nano... who knows?

Colin
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005   #8
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Apple fucked up, I've heard some saying that Apple said "tough shit" but I've also heard Apple is readily exchanging them....who knows. All i know is that Apple is making a killing on these iPods, total cost to them for the Nano is $91, not bad considering they retail for $200!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005   #9
tim

A guy I know drove up to the MOA to return his at the Apple store. He said there was an hour long wait at the return counter. On top of that he left his new one on top of an ATM and didn't realize it 'til he was almost back here to Mankato. It seems like Apple is doing the right thing by authorizing returns.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005   #10
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ViciousGSX
That's why I said that. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out a company put out a product knowing it wasn't right or truly ready for production.
Oh, I figured you meant the other "american way" of suing the shit out of anyone anytime something goes wrong in your life.

My bad.
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #11
Unlikely Hero

Send a message via AIM to Unlikely Hero

I havn't had any problems yet but of course I put mine in a silcone cover right away.
=Jason-
Unlikely Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #12
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

Although the arguement of weather or not apple computers are worth while has been around forever, Apple really skored a 10 with the iPod in general. I mounted a 3G ipod in my tsi and it never really left the car (i did cover it up when parked). I wish i had invested in apple back in '97, I would be driving an evo by now.

the nano issue is really too bad, it seems like apple likes to tarnish its own name regulary with ipod issues.

But personally, im saving up for a black iPod video for my vr4...not quite sure where to mount it, but im sure ill figure it out, im also gonna mount an LCD screen next to it by the passenger seat, so the passneger can watch movies/music videos too....but im sure this will lead to my demise, as i try to watch it too while i drive....
iceminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #13
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I've had my gen2 iPod for years, never had scratching to the amount where I would consider it excessive.... but people need to realize that these things aren't exactly made of marble. Toss it in your backpack with a couple of spiral-bound notebooks or in your pocket with a couple of quarters and a pocket knife, and yeah... the polycarbonate will scratch.

Maybe I'm wrong... Apple may have switched materials and went to a softer type of plastic for the nano... who knows?

Colin
We are talking about the ipod Nanos, not the gen2's. Very much different. the gen2s were fine.

I dont like apple. they are mean, and have evil music on their commercials.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX
I dont like apple. they are mean, and have evil music on their commercials.
Their new comercials with Eminem are the first iPod ones I've liked/not hated.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #15
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster

My co-worker is on his 3rd Ipod. I like to call them DIE-pods. The second one was an open box though, so I can't say that one wasn't fucked when he got it. (lasted ~1 week) The first one died after he fell into a stream with it in his pocket, it worked fine for ~3 months after that and then gave up. They seem to do good, but I just don't like them. Crapple dIe-Pod. He got a warranty through Circuit City, he's only paid for one.

Last edited by MustGoFaster; 10-26-2005 at 11:27 PM..
MustGoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote