MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2010   #441
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX
Re: Evo X upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
I parted the X out or got what i wanted out of it with all the mods included.
You owe money on the X. I also think you're dreamin' as far as what you're going to get for a blown car. You do recall that scheides just bought a working car for $24k, right?

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #442
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
You owe money on the X. I also think you're dreamin' as far as what you're going to get for a blown car. You do recall that scheides just bought a working car for $24k, right?
Yup...but that one needs love, body work etc.

I don't think I am dreaming at all..I am not asking 24k with the blown motor unless they want an array of mods.

I am asking 21k with the stock blown motor and all stock components.

The car with a proper motor is kbb'ed at 28.2k right now. I could invest 5 (probably 6 with labor of a straight swap) grand and replace it with a stock motor and sell it for at least 27k, and that would still have some good upgrades with it.

It is a deal and will take a person that wants mods to realize it, that is why i have priced it the way i have. So people will negotiate.

I only owe 10k on the car and do have like 4k right now.

The head could potentially be fine in which case I could put it back to stock for possibly cheaper even.

Not sure how the prices are off, I think they are very fair honestly for how much money/labor is in the car. I would be losing a ton selling it obviously, but then I avoid having to invest any more into it.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #443
Murlo26

Re: Dave's Evo X Build

And yes obviously KBB isn't law, but X's in good shape have been going for 27k.

So ok, i could sell the X with the blown motor a few upgrades i would leave on for 20k at the lowest.

So they spend 7k and they have a perfectly good X with very low miles on it.
Old 05-07-2010   #444
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

glws and all that but I'd personally need a smokin' deal to buy a car and do all that work. As a prospective purchaser I'd assume that if you blew the motor that you've beaten the snot out of the rest of the car as well. Would you buy your car if you were in the market and didn't know the seller?

My suspicion is that if you want to unload the car for a good price that you should drop a stock motor in it/part it out/go to stock.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!

Last edited by mlomker; 05-07-2010 at 10:51 AM..
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #445
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

To be perfectly honest you're going to have to be really lucky to get $21k, if you dropped it to down around $18k I'm sure you could fine one easily enough.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #446
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
glws and all that but I'd personally need a smokin' deal to buy a car and do all that work. As a prospective purchaser I'd assume that if you blew the motor that you've beaten the snot out of the rest of the car as well. Would you buy your car if you were in the market and didn't know the seller?
Me, probably not, the sale is directed at people who do their own work though. Not someone who is going to pay a shop to put a new motor in.

I fully understand what you are saying, but the amount of money to create this car is way higher than what I am asking. I could see some person asking 30k with a blown motor on this car because they invested so much. Obviously they would never sell the damn thing, but even 30k would be a loss.

If i don't get any bites soon, I will have DB put a stock motor back in and the part out will ensue.

It will take longer but I will be able to drive the car for the time being while I am trying to sell at least and then when I sell everything I will be better off than what I would've been selling it for what I am asking now.

Yes, maybe they could think that I beat on the car, but in reality i don't think i did, not the drivetrain anyway, just stressing the engine from so much power. I only launched the car once since I owned it, lol.

We will see how everything unfolds though. Don't assume I am selling yet.
Old 05-07-2010   #447
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

I vote build the x and forget about it. You sound like most girls I know that can't make up their mind.

If you want to go fast and do it cheaply, why not just get a dsm then? Motor are cheap, a ton of parts, etc, etc. Then you could buy a decent daily too with the money you save.
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #448
LingLing
AznKraut

Drives: '03 325i, '98 Ranger '03 Duramax
Send a message via AIM to LingLing Send a message via MSN to LingLing

Quote:
Yup...but that one needs love, body work etc.

I don't think I am dreaming at all..I am not asking 24k with the blown motor unless they want an array of mods.

I am asking 21k with the stock blown motor and all stock components.

The car with a proper motor is kbb'ed at 28.2k right now. I could invest 5 (probably 6 with labor of a straight swap) grand and replace it with a stock motor and sell it for at least 27k, and that would still have some good upgrades with it.

It is a deal and will take a person that wants mods to realize it, that is why i have priced it the way i have. So people will negotiate.

I only owe 10k on the car and do have like 4k right now.

The head could potentially be fine in which case I could put it back to stock for possibly cheaper even.

Not sure how the prices are off, I think they are very fair honestly for how much money/labor is in the car. I would be losing a ton selling it obviously, but then I avoid having to invest any more into it.
First off, Brookdale Mitsu has a brand new X for $24k. I think most people would take the brand new one, regardless of the mods you have.

Secondly, mods to not add to the value of the car. Nor does having a shit load of labor in to it. Labor is like gas, you buy it because you need it, but you can't add what you've used on the value of the car.

Yes Scheides' car is a little, ummm "worn", but it's perfectly functional. Seems like your sights are set a bit high for what you want.

For the $24k you could have the following.
1)Brand new X from Mitsu
2)A car in similar condition as Scheides'
3)An X with a blown motor that requires at least $5k to get it on the road.

I think the answer is pretty obvious here.

I say sell the X and buy a IX.

Or like C3LICA said, buy a DSM if you want cheap power.
Old 05-07-2010   #449
Murlo26

A brand new one for 24k? The ralliarts are like 27k...so not sure how they have a brand new X for that.

I am not asking 24k...i am asking 21k.
Old 05-07-2010   #450
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Lets see a link for this supposed brand new X for $24k.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #451
LingLing
AznKraut

I fail? I remember going there to grab parts and seeing the tag read $24xxx,. It must've been a Ralliart. My apologies.

Last edited by LingLing; 05-07-2010 at 11:15 AM..
LingLing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #452
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
I vote build the x and forget about it. You sound like most girls I know that can't make up their mind.

If you want to go fast and do it cheaply, why not just get a dsm then? Motor are cheap, a ton of parts, etc, etc. Then you could buy a decent daily too with the money you save.
I would love a DSM, but as a third car. I love my evo and the 8/9's as well. At this point in my life I want a fast evo.

As of now I need a second car for sure, something reliable and boring.

And sorry i don't think spending every cent to my name that i have now and will make in the next few months on my car, its a big deal to me.
Old 05-07-2010   #453
Murlo26

I just checked Brookdale, the cheapest new X they have is 34560...not exactly 24k.

They also have no used ones.
Old 05-07-2010   #454
LingLing
AznKraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I fail? I remember going there to grab parts and seeing the tag read $24xxx,. It must've been a Ralliart. My apologies.
Hence, my apology.
Old 05-07-2010   #455
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Hence, my apology.
Sorry missed that, wasn't trying to be a jerk, just figured i would check. I would really be screwed if new X's were that much. i would for sure keep it then.
Old 05-07-2010   #456
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo

Quote:
I would love a DSM, but as a third car. I love my evo and the 8/9's as well. At this point in my life I want a fast evo.

As of now I need a second car for sure, something reliable and boring.

And sorry i don't think spending every cent to my name that i have now and will make in the next few months on my car, its a big deal to me.
I feel ya man, I spent almost all my money on my car last summer. Although it was, it sucked at the same time. If I could I think I would sell my two cars and get an evo as well.

Whatever you decide hope you're happy with it! Good luck!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #457
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
I feel ya man, I spent almost all my money on my car last summer. Although it was, it sucked at the same time. If I could I think I would sell my two cars and get an evo as well.

Whatever you decide hope you're happy with it! Good luck!
Thanks, I will figure it out eventually. I was just planning to fix up my new house that i bought last summer, yard needs a lot of work. Honestly if my yard was in good shape, this wouldn't be a decision, built motor would win.
Old 05-07-2010   #458
scheides
flips McGee

Ya, I test drove a BASE EvoX @ brookdale and they were talking like $32k or so, sticker is $34,500 IIRC.

Anyways, save up, buy long block, install drop-ins, and continue to beat some ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #459
scheides
flips McGee

Also, what's with this $60k comment? That's kinda a half-truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #460
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Also, what's with this $60k comment? That's kinda a half-truth.
Kind of, kind of not...If I keep the car and build the motor, my investment total will be in the 50's, possibly close to 60, i don't even want to add it up at that point.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.