MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 08-11-2006   #1
sway

Send a message via AIM to sway
parts shop??

Hey, I supposed to be finding my brother (who's in CA right now, marine training) tranny parts for his twin turbo stealth. Where in the cities is the best/cheapest place to find tranny parts? Any help is appreciated! He already has the synchro sleeves, I'm not really clear on what other parts he needs yet.
sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: parts shop??

Are you looking for used parts or brand new parts? If you want used, go to MN 3/S and buy some part-out trannies. If you want new stuff, no better place than Brookdale Mitsu to get parts since they are of known quality and they offer very good pricing to DSMStyle members.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #3
sway

K thanks! Dang I was wishing that you guys knew of some underground parts shop where everything is dirt cheap. Disappointing.
Old 08-15-2006   #4
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

well if we posted the name of the place then it wouldnt be underground now would it?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006   #5
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway
K thanks! Dang I was wishing that you guys knew of some underground parts shop where everything is dirt cheap. Disappointing.
If you didn't understand what he just said, this is a DSM board and we get DISCOUNTS on parts at brookdale Mitsu. You could always go to the dealer and buy shit without the discount and get ass raped for the cost. Or you could use this discount we have where it makes a significant difference. Go to sponsers portion of the site and post up under brookdale mitsubishi. Make a list of the parts you need, give him some time and he will give you a price at our cost.
Old 08-20-2006   #6
sway

Uh ya, I understood it. Thanks for clarification, I've boughten my fair share of parts from Brookdale. I wasn't looking for new parts, otherwise I would've gone there straight away. Now if you didn't understand what I just said, you need to pull your head out of your a** and get a life. Thanks!

Last edited by sway; 08-20-2006 at 12:08 AM..
Old 08-20-2006   #7
94talonawd

Send a message via MSN to 94talonawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway
Uh ya, I understood it. Thanks for clarification, I've boughten my fair share of parts from Brookdale. I wasn't looking for new parts, otherwise I would've gone there straight away. Now if you didn't understand what I just said, you need to pull your head out of your a** and get a life. Thanks!
wow. that wasnt necessary was it? that was a little bit harsh.
SAFC-II
---------------
99 Civic D16 - EVO3 16G - Hondata S300 - Xenocron 4bar@21PSI - RC750cc's - Eagles/Vitara - Compcams
12.3@114, 1.81 60ft

-On it's way to 11's....
94talonawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #8
earthwonder

Damn, haven't seen a Stealth around in a long time. For used parts in MN: AAA Auto Salvage in Roseville, A-Abco in Fridley, or John's Auto in Blaine. I've had luck with those. If all else fails, look on eBay or dealer.

Last edited by earthwonder; 08-20-2006 at 03:24 AM..
earthwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #9
scheides
flips McGee

If you're buying parts for a tranny rebuild, why in the world would you buy used/cheapo parts? One weak link and you'll be tearing it back down again in no time. Tranny parts aren't cheap, but with the discount we get at Brookdale, they're not exactly expensive. I rebuilt my 1G tranny once for about $400 worth of parts!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006   #10
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides
If you're buying parts for a tranny rebuild, why in the world would you buy used/cheapo parts? One weak link and you'll be tearing it back down again in no time.
Good Point. Your chain is only as strong as your weakest link.(~Mike Blageo, Kevin doesnt know how to sign out)
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote