MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 06-25-2005   #1
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest
i saw this sweet r32 today. made in japan.

in new hope on medicin lake road, right by boone. gray nissan skyline. r32. it was sweet.

it was also real. pretty wild. just wanted to share.

oh yeah, and reid used to say that he could hear it ripping around at night. i passed it off, but now i believe it. it makes me wonder what other crazy reid stories are true?
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005   #2
Onefast99gsx

Re: i saw this sweet r32 today. made in japan.

Awsome! I've seen Lambo's and Ferrari's when i was in San Fran on a trip. but never got the joy to see a SkyLine. R32's are nice but my favorite is the 33 and 34. I think the 32 is the killer at the strip though if i'm not mistaken.
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005   #3
unreal808
Mr. Me Too

Drives: Suzuki GSXR

I almost got a Skyline for $3.00 at Target today.
Old 06-26-2005   #4
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

I coulda gotten an R32 for 1500 bucks. Thank god I didn't because by the time I left Japan, the thing couldn't make a 1km trip without stalling at least once.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #5
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

I've seen a R33 in Plymouth/Maple Grove and supposedly there is a R34 somewhere in the area.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #6
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

I've heard from people there is two R34 skylines in MN. Apparently a guy who works at an ABRA by my house owns one of them. He wants to sell it because it will cost him $30k to get a VIN and license it. Apparently he got it from Canada. Also I've heard the other one is in the Blaine area. But this is most likely all BS.
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #7
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

..is that one from canada the black one? converted to left-side driver's seating?

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #8
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

How does one go about ordering at a drive-thru with a RHD car? Just go through in reverse I suppose eh?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005   #9
Onefast99gsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by me612
How does one go about ordering at a drive-thru with a RHD car? Just go through in reverse I suppose eh?

NO.. because then you'd be picking up your order before you ordered it. LOL

unless you meant to start from the get-go in reverse.
Old 06-26-2005   #10
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by me612
Exactly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rhddrivethru.jpg (55.4 KB, 414 views)
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #11
slowHonduh
DSM Rapist

LMAO! That's great.
Old 06-27-2005   #12
bigbrothajake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquests are better
in new hope on medicin lake road, right by boone. gray nissan skyline. r32. it was sweet.

it was also real. pretty wild. just wanted to share.

oh yeah, and reid used to say that he could hear it ripping around at night. i passed it off, but now i believe it. it makes me wonder what other crazy reid stories are true?
I can vouch for that statement, I was walking down Bass Lake Rd and Boone and that's where I saw it too. Very nice
bigbrothajake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #13
Onefast99gsx

Sure it wasn't a Nissan Maxima with a Skyline bodykit on it??? I've seen some that look pretty authentic.
Old 06-27-2005   #14
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrothajake
I can vouch for that statement, I was walking down Bass Lake Rd and Boone and that's where I saw it too. Very nice
what is this thing you call walking?

and onefast99gsx - i wasn't aware maxima's came in 2 door versions in the early 90's.

although we did see an acura vigor and thought that could look like a skyline with the correct body parts.
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #15
KcGsXrated

Drives: 93 Talon Tsi
Send a message via AIM to KcGsXrated

Well there are a few in Jamaica, if anyone goes there. A little off topic of seeing them in MN.
KcGsXrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005   #16
GSXMatt
You can't buy my Evo.

Drives: 03Evo,11Altima
Send a message via AIM to GSXMatt

When I went to Autovations there was one there. Some local shop has it? I don't know. I think it was an R33. Might have been an R32 though.
GSXMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #17
illz

friend of mine (who doesn't know cars that well) said he pulled up next to a grey skyline, right-hand-drive on bass lake road today in maple grove off 494. he asked the guy where he was from and he said he lived right off bass lake.. dont know if it was a 32/33/34, friend wasn't that knowledgable
illz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005   #18
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

i think this might be bs. because for sure, i would have heard ricers on the street saying they have seen three R34s and some skylines following it. Truthfully, i really dont believe it until some takes a picture of it. Well, I've heard too much people saying it and tired of it, so i guess i can buy one at target or walmart for $3.00...good luck!
Possible Skyline Conversion: 2-dr Accord, 2-dr Legend, hmmm...have the money, its possible.
Old 07-07-2005   #19
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd-drifter
i think this might be bs. because for sure, i would have heard ricers on the street saying they have seen three R34s and some skylines following it. Truthfully, i really dont believe it until some takes a picture of it. Well, I've heard too much people saying it and tired of it, so i guess i can buy one at target or walmart for $3.00...good luck!
Possible Skyline Conversion: 2-dr Accord, 2-dr Legend, hmmm...have the money, its possible.

Ok, maybe it is an accord, but what are the chances that someone did a full skyline conversion, and did a RHD conversion??

I think that would be more rare than someone shipping over a skyline using motorex to make it legal.

I know I have seen a lot of $90k cars in minnesota, so what if this one happens to be a skyline, it's not like they are impossible to get, and it isn't like the money isn't there.

Plus, about the ricers talking about it, do you go around asking people if they have seen a skyline, b/c I haven't really said anything about it after the day I saw it.

My guess it that it is some older guy, possibly in the army who was stationed over in japan, likes skylines, and probably isn't into taking it to car shows and down to uni.
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005   #20
illz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue89Quest
Ok, maybe it is an accord, but what are the chances that someone did a full skyline conversion, and did a RHD conversion??

I think that would be more rare than someone shipping over a skyline using motorex to make it legal.

I know I have seen a lot of $90k cars in minnesota, so what if this one happens to be a skyline, it's not like they are impossible to get, and it isn't like the money isn't there.

Plus, about the ricers talking about it, do you go around asking people if they have seen a skyline, b/c I haven't really said anything about it after the day I saw it.

My guess it that it is some older guy, possibly in the army who was stationed over in japan, likes skylines, and probably isn't into taking it to car shows and down to uni.
motorex is no more. there are currently no companies that can street-legally import skylines.

however, with minnesota's lax emissions laws and general police/dmv ignorance, i'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble bringing one over and registering it as a different vehicle, even if you were still registering it as an imported RHD car -- just not an r32/33/34 who's crash-testing data was paid for by a company in CA but made not publicly available so no one else can legalize the cars right now. there's a bit of discussion about this going on in the socal list right now because one of the members had his r34 seized and crushed and is suing the now-defunct motorex.

but saying that a RHD skyline is fake because your ricer friends haven't heard about it is pretty absurd.
illz is offline   Reply With Quote