MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 03-28-2006   #1
sway

Send a message via AIM to sway
no more dsm for me.

so. the talon sold for $3500. i didnt even give my self a chance to grieve. the very next morning i headed down to buy my 2003 GTI VR6. i gave up on dsms for now, too much of a headache. definitly one of the best decisions ive ever made.
sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #2
scheides
flips McGee

Re: no more dsm for me.

http://www.eiptuning.com

get-R-done
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #3
sway

Send a message via AIM to sway

already seen it. that project R32 that they have on there is amazing.
sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #4
SuperSleeper

Drives: 2012 Audi S4
Send a message via AIM to SuperSleeper

I'm with ya. Done with DSMs. I'd like to get myself a post-2000 car near the end of the summer... just gotta figure out what.
SuperSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #5
CVD
Sten Sniper

Drives: Evo VIII RS
Send a message via AIM to CVD

Looks like you already tinted it, but dont forget to chip it, cam it and drop it.
CVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #6
cudvig
Rainbow Boy

Drives: 96 Civic HX
Send a message via AIM to cudvig

I am totally getting back into DSM's

Its an addiction. When its broke you go through withdrawals.

-Colin
cudvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVD
Looks like you already tinted it, but dont forget to chip it, cam it and drop it.
Damn, which of the 3 remaining requirements should come first though?
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #9
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!

i think you mean traitors
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006   #10
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

Yep you gave up on DSM's until a Mustang/Acura/Honda/DSM/Geo Metro pulls up and blows the door off your VW. Than you get pissed sell the VW and the headache starts over again. Nice car by the way. Good luck with staying away from DSM's. You will not experience any withdraws yet because summer is not here.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #11
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

I'm still glad I left the DSM game...its been almost 2 years already. I miss it at times, but its great having money in the bank and a car that needs nothing and is always 100% reliable and in top running condition. Yeah it sometimes sucks getting beat in a race, but then I realize there is a whole lot more to cars that just straight line abilities. If thats all you are interested in thats totally fine and great, but me personally I just want a much more well-rounded car is other performance/driving aspects. I don't blame anyone for staying in, DSM's are a ton of fun, but I also don't blame anyone for leaving either since they can become such a headache so quickly.
Old 03-29-2006   #12
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Good call. I was looking at the awd GTIs when I was shopping, nice cars and can make decent power when you mod them, but just not enough room for me.

Im still glad I got out of the DSM game.
A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #13
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638

...I didn't think s2k's were that great at handling..I know wheeler's evo on full coilovers could outhandle most anything I can recall..

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #14
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty1638
...I didn't think s2k's were that great at handling..I know wheeler's evo on full coilovers could outhandle most anything I can recall..

-A. Swift
S2K's are nice but nothing beats AWD when it comes to handling and straight line performance. I think most people get headaches from DSM because they paid 3k for one and will refuse to put any more money into the car than what they bought it for. I bet most of you will change your tune if you picked the car brand new off the dealer lot when it first came out. The only reason they are headaches is because no one wants to put the time and money into the car to get it back to tip top condition from day one. It takes alot of money to get a 3k dollar car back into it prime condition. I read it a while back is that if you paid 3k for a car expect to put 3k to get the car running right. Don't ger me wrong. My DSM and I are in a Love Hate realtionship. I love it when it runs but hate it when it wants money. Sounds like a wife.
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #15
TurboDomestics

Send a message via AIM to TurboDomestics

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pride
S2K's are nice but nothing beats AWD when it comes to handling and straight line performance. I think most people get headaches from DSM because they paid 3k for one and will refuse to put any more money into the car than what they bought it for. I bet most of you will change your tune if you picked the car brand new off the dealer lot when it first came out. The only reason they are headaches is because no one wants to put the time and money into the car to get it back to tip top condition from day one. It takes alot of money to get a 3k dollar car back into it prime condition. I read it a while back is that if you paid 3k for a car expect to put 3k to get the car running right. Don't ger me wrong. My DSM and I are in a Love Hate realtionship. I love it when it runs but hate it when it wants money. Sounds like a wife.

Yeah, but alot of other cars you can buy for $3k, dont need all that maintenance to be in tip top running condition. Granted they wont be nearly as fast.
Old 03-29-2006   #16
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

X-pride: Umm awd cars are not really known for handling. Sure they have better traction upon accelarating in the straights, but RWD will own AWD on the oval.

And about the not putting money into their dsm... Hmm I guess taking a 1500 dollar peice of shit and rebuilding it to mint condition by only sticking 13K into it doesnt work for you? It still had issues and anything you end up modding will not be as reliable as when it was stock. I just couldnt take the constant headache maintance the car gave me. I couldnt drive it really anywhere without really having to worry about what will break next. I think I replaced almost every part on my old car and that still wasnt good enough.

Sometimes you just want to move up in the world too... DSMs are not really a top quality car. They are cheaply moddable, thats about it.
A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #17
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

AWD cars are hardly know for their dry pavent handling abilities. Find me a near-stock suspension EVO and name the twisties. I test-drove an EVO before deciding on anything, and with Reid as my witness since he was with me, the handling was nothing to brag about. I was actually quite dissapointed that it was the best Mitsu could build at the time. I did have almost a mint condition DSM, I bought mine in bone-stock VERY good condition and always fixed the little issues that pretty much anyone but Peter or I would skip. I never short-cutted anything with that car. It was also very reliable for me, the only time it was actually out of comission was when the waterpump started leaking (pouring) coolant all over the ground. My major issue was the car never ran the same day-to-day. One day it would be fast as hell, the next, meh nothing special. The 1G interior styling is still one of my favorites today, the problem is, the quality just wasn't there. I think DSM's make great beginner cars to learn how to work on and mod vehicles since they are relatively cheap and easy to work on. Like everything else though, people mature and can only stay with one thing (whatever it is, not just cars) for so long. I had my Talon back in high school, I didn't want to finish college with it too.
Old 03-29-2006   #18
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

yeah, I've got to say, RWD is pretty good for cornering. if you start to understeer, just give it more gas!
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #19
CDeutsch

EDIT: Too off topic.

Last edited by CDeutsch; 03-29-2006 at 08:51 AM..
CDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006   #20
scheides
flips McGee

Ok, we are officially way off topic. I'm opening a new thread, this will be fun!

http://www.dsmstyle.com/forums/showthread.php?p=130566

Last edited by scheides; 03-29-2006 at 08:57 AM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote