MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2013   #1
scheides
flips McGee

TRUCK STUFF! (actually its just a passat)

So I've been on the hunt for a B7 A4 Avant for a while, but I just could not find one out there that fit the bill. Seriously looking for one with a manual option is basically like seeking out a unicorn--there's really none out there. Then Rosey turned me onto the idea of looking for a Jetta SportWagon SEL 2.0T manual...there are almost less of those out there as they made them only in 2009.

All along I've been looking for black on black and while biking around the neighborhood the other day, I saw a B6 VW Passat wagon. Not a bad looking car so I thought I'd see what was out there.

As luck would have it, somewhat of a unicorn was for sale not far from me! Once I drove it, I loved it. It is a total mom car (previous owner actually had 3 kids), it is stealthy and still kinda fun to drive. Yea it's only FWD but I've done some serious work in the old blue GLI with a set of meaty snow tires on it so screw it!

This is a 2008 VW Passat Wagon, perfect for TRUCK STUFF!

6-speed manual, FWD, Heated faux-leather seats, hill assist (engages brake on a hill for you!), no fancy dual climate control, no cd changer, no nav system, no sunroof...this is the base Passat model with very limited options.

Back seats have this instead of a towel option...it will be getting tint asap

Rear gate has auto-lift and auto-close, key-fob operated...perfect for slingin dead hookers (this one's pretty nasty!) or other misc TRUCK STUFF

And best of all, built in Germany (not mexico like the jetta was, but no huge biggie) so somehow some of the 2008's got the newer TSI motor...less compression (9.5:1), but definitely more peppy up top than the older FSI motor and the best part is there's no silly cam-follower tappet for the DI fuel pump that can wear out!

So yea, much cheaper than the A4's I was looking at and should still be able to be a great little daily + utility hauler for me. This thing will see bike and ski racks, lumber, fencing, dogs, and probably plenty of network equipment Updates to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote