MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 12-20-2003   #1
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
I am trying to find some place that has stainless steel flanges that bolt up to the turbo outlet. I am going to be making my own O2 housing and want to make it SS, but I can only find mild steel flanges. If anyone has seen some where that has SS ones, please let me know.

JET

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003   #2
FORSFED

I know that Road Race has tons of different flanges, but I don't recall if they're SS or not....
FORSFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003   #3
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
I'd check with FP and VPE.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003   #4
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
I'd check Burns Stainless as a last resort. They have everything, and charge accordingly.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003   #5
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
RRE has mild steel ones. I know Burns has all the piping stuff, but I didn't know they had flanges. I will try VPE too.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003   #6
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
TSS sells a SS exhaust manifold flange, u could contace them and see if they gotta SS o2 housing flange. Also contact Ryan at RnRracing, he makes SS O2 housings so he has to have some flanges. I do not recommend anything from RnR anymore because his products lately have been crap, but hey it's a flange, im sure he can't screw that up.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Please expand on "crap". I remember I said that a few months ago and came under heat. I am not being an asshole here either, I am just in the constant search of more information
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003   #8
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Well i was always a fan of RnR. BUT as of lately I have been highly unsatisfied with with Ryan. People had been having problems with his flanges not being flat for pushin like 6 months now. well my friend in san diego got one of his t3 manifolds, and has had nothing but problems. the flange to the head was not flat, the spool up is horrible. Then my buddy bought a boost and water temp gauge from him, and paid 43 dollars for shipping, that's from San Diego to Yuma,AZ. About 200miles. Well it took them 3 weeks to arrive, and when they did, the package had a shipping tag on it that said 7 bux, but my buddy paid 43 and it took 3 damn weeks. That was pretty messed up i thought. Well then another good friend of mine bought some of his stuff for his EVO. Well it took forever to get her too. After about a 3 week wait, his O2 eliminator downpipe arrived. It did not fit because the flange was not flat and the holes didn't line up. So he sent it back and decided to just get a standard downpipe instead of the O2 elim. So Ryan gave sent him one but did not refund the 50 bux or so for it being a standard instead of an O2 eliminator one. So a week later he receives the standard one. It's looks alone made us cry, it 's flange was ghetto, the so called slip fittings didn't go together, we had to hammer the pieces together. When we got it on, it leaked where it meets the O2 housing, and this is after he garaunteed us it would not leak there cuz we questions it when we got it. Also with that shipment he got the SAFC2 he ordered nearly a month before hand. So that took forever to get here. Just the other day he got his $200 intake that is not $200 dollar quality. not powder coated, hte rubber couplers are different colors (ones blue, one is black), and just looks tacky. Then just yesterday, he finally received the turbo-xs BOV he ordered from him at the same time he ordered this other stuff, and sure enough, WRONG BOV, he sent the H25 and Barry ordered the H34. Just nothing but problems. so this is why i quit recommending him, me and my buddies have spent about 4grand with him, and he just lost every single one of us as customers.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003   #9
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
I have not been a fan of RnR since he showed how little he actually knew about what he was doing on the NABR private board ages ago, but yet he was selling ported race heads back then for $300. http://www.teamnabr.com/ubbpub/ultimatebb....t=002980#000000

Then he was trying to sell his crap on the NABR public board against the rules.
Old 12-21-2003   #10
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Quote:
Originally posted by ecoli@Dec 21 2003, 07:16 PM
I have not been a fan of RnR since he showed how little he actually knew about what he was doing on the NABR private board ages ago, but yet he was selling ported race heads back then for $300. http://www.teamnabr.com/ubbpub/ultimatebb....t=002980#000000

Then he was trying to sell his crap on the NABR public board against the rules.
That was some funny shit. I didn't realize it was the same guy.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003   #11
Raptor
ConArtist

That is pretty funny stuff. Glad you posted it so I know never to take them seriuosly about anything.

Jet, if you want, I have chuck of 3/8" 304 SS. I could cut you some flanges from it, let me know.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote