MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 05-22-2007   #581
Van

Re: Whatsup From Slowboy??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdsm2 View Post
Oh well, at least he (along with SBR) are no longer accepted as sponsors on some forums.
SBR was never allowed to sponsor DSMtalk when it was real. Now that the site is a corporate owned cesspool who knows. They will never be a sponsor on DSMsource which is that old database revived without corporate greed all over it. Everyone else took their sponsor and advertising money long after it was very well known that you just don't let friends buy from SBR.

Last edited by Van; 05-22-2007 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: Page 30 coming up! :D
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #582
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

its funny how 'Style is getting a bunch of new members just off of this thread. LOL
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #583
Korupt

OK about 6 or 7 pages back I put up a post defending Slowboy. Do I regret it? No! Anyways, yesterday I went in to get a JPipe because I am putting a 14b back on my Talon. Anyways I went up to Slowboy got the JPipe, got home, test fitted it, and it was the wrong pipe. The flange was off and it wouldnt mount to the 14b. Mistakes happen. It could of been my miscommunication or they truly just gave me the wrong pipe. In 30 minutes they open up again for the day. I'll call them and hopefully this is all resolved right away. If it's not resolved I will be shocked. Oh and I am dealing with SBR Joe. I'll be sure to let you guys know how well it turns out, because I have called up twice and talked to Joe both times and he has been very helpfull.
Korupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #584
Korupt

Just like I was expecting. Called up, spoke with Chris I am going to go up tonight and they are going to take care of it. Seriously give SBR a chance, because their service has been great.
Old 05-22-2007   #585
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
its funny how 'Style is getting a bunch of new members just off of this thread. LOL
Ya I do agree Tom. But look were they all live at. PA is there home state. I think SBR is trying to get them to join. To put in a good word. So we shut up and turn face on the issue we have with them. Granted I'll say it again I have not done any biz with SBR. But from what I read online and in here. I will not do any biz with them at all.

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #586
Korupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92EvilTalon View Post
Ya I do agree Tom. But look were they all live at. PA is there home state. I think SBR is trying to get them to join. To put in a good word. So we shut up and turn face on the issue we have with them. Granted I'll say it again I have not done any biz with SBR. But from what I read online and in here. I will not do any biz with them at all.
I can guarantee SBR did not ask me to post a thing. In fact I have only ever been to their shop three times. Once a long time ago when most of the old staff was there and twice since March. The first time was to take my buddy, the time in March was to get my FMIC Kit, Fuel Pump, and Injectors, then yesterday to get a JPipe. I saw this thread linked on philadelphiadsm.com so I decided to check it out. Just felt the need to sign up to post my story with SBR, because all you ever hear is the horror stories and not the good ones. Trust me, I am not happy that I drove an hour to SBR and an hour home yesterday then have to turn around and do it again today, but shit happens. Trust me if they where recruiting people to support them on forums, you would be seeing a lot more people posting good stories.
Old 05-22-2007   #587
SBR Joe
SBR Janitor, 2nd in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_1G_Drummer View Post
There it is again. Laying blame on other people.

I would expect that answer from you because you are the kind of person that would be the one to compplain to the BBB because you ordered a silicone reducer that was on backorder from the manufacturer and you blow up on us like its our fault it took 3 weeks to get it.

Joe
SBR
SBR Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #588
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Joe View Post
I would expect that answer from you because you are the kind of person that would be the one to compplain to the BBB because you ordered a silicone reducer that was on backorder from the manufacturer and you blow up on us like its our fault it took 3 weeks to get it.

Joe
SBR
That reminds me...I need a silicone reducer!
Old 05-22-2007   #589
SBR Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korupt View Post
I can guarantee SBR did not ask me to post a thing. In fact I have only ever been to their shop three times. Once a long time ago when most of the old staff was there and twice since March. The first time was to take my buddy, the time in March was to get my FMIC Kit, Fuel Pump, and Injectors, then yesterday to get a JPipe. I saw this thread linked on philadelphiadsm.com so I decided to check it out. Just felt the need to sign up to post my story with SBR, because all you ever hear is the horror stories and not the good ones. Trust me, I am not happy that I drove an hour to SBR and an hour home yesterday then have to turn around and do it again today, but shit happens. Trust me if they where recruiting people to support them on forums, you would be seeing a lot more people posting good stories.

Ya bro..im sorry you got teh wrong shit...it might have just been a mistake with either the making of the product or it got mixed up in shipping, who knows...but when you come we'll figure out what the dilly is.

Joe
SBR
Old 05-22-2007   #590
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Joe View Post

Joe
SBR
Did you bother to tell the customer it was on back-order for so long and offer to refund their money? This is something the customer should have been notified of immediately after placing the order.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #591
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Yea who knows.. could be this or that. Wish our customers at my place of employment accepted that as an answer to a messed up product. Well just say, "shit happens" and call it good.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #592
SBR Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kracka View Post
Did you bother to tell the customer it was on back-order for so long and offer to refund their money? This is something the customer should have been notified of immediately after placing the order.

Yes..this was just an example but has happend in the past. We get an ETA from the vendor, we tell it to the customer, and then something happens where the vendor cannot get it to us for another period of time... once agian, not blaming anyone or making excuses, just telling it how it is. When this happens it obviously falls on us beings we are the ones directly involved since WE sold the product. Everyone just needs to understand a bit more in situations like these and not explode on us. We get just as pissed as teh customer if we are told one thing from a vendor and another thing happens..it (obviously) looks bad on our part. We do probably have one of the bigger inventories in the business, but we dont have everything all the time. This is a big issue with alot of the complaints. We do everything in out power to get products to customers ASAP. If we have it in stock...it usually gets shipped the same day its ordered..at the latest the next. If we lived in a perfect world, we would have every name brand item on teh website in stock..but thats just not realistic.

Joe
SBR
Old 05-22-2007   #593
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Man, must be nice to do the broken record thing over on this site and get paid to do it. Can't you guys just forget how to spell this specific domain name?
Old 05-22-2007   #594
A//// Guy

Cant we just delete their user accounts?
Old 05-22-2007   #595
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Even before this thread I have heard things here and there about Slowboy, Lots of problems. It wasnt on this board, it was actually in person with some other dsmers. I have never purchased from you guys and probebly never will. When it comes to parts for my car: A) I dont take risks in regards to whether i will get the part or not. and B) I hate waiting. Both of these reasons keep me away from you guys. I know its hearsay, but ESPECIALLY in the dsm community advice from people and referrals will make or break an online company, DSMers that are interested in performance will research many businesses before they purchase, and if joe schmoe does a little research and sees this thread, well you just lost another customer. and the fact that its now 30 pages will tell that potential customer "forget slowboy"
I really dont mean to sound like a broken record but your better off cutting your losses and letting this thread die. Your coworkers have deserted you, Joe, i suggest you do the same.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 05-22-2007   #596
tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy View Post
Cant we just delete their user accounts?
Fuck it, let them have their accounts and leave this thread, Like i said above, its going to serve as a warning for potential customers.
Old 05-22-2007   #597
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!

Back orders do happen. Some vendors have eroneous lead times as well. That is understandable. If the vendor calls back and tells the company that they are back ordered after the company places the order, the responsibility then falls on the company selling the product (in this case SBR) to contact the customer and explain it to them. If they do not want to wait, then you refund their money. Plain and simple.

If there is no communication to the customer that there is a longer lead time, then it is your fault for not following up on the order. If you communicate it to them in a timely manner and they are still pissed, then it is their problem. Get them their money back and then if anyone flames you for it just tell them how it happened. Shit happens, but it's how you deal with it that makes all the difference.

And just so you know, this was not meant as a flame. Just explaining how the process SHOULD work. If that's how it goes there, fine. If not, changes need to be made to increase your return customer base.

As far as all the customers that are saying good things right now, you have been mainly dealing with them face to face. It's good that you are getting good service, but that also has to happen with online orders and phone orders. You can put enormous pressure on someone if you deal with them face to face, more so than on the phone. Balls get dropped from time to time, but make sure that it's followed up on to keep the customer happy.

As far as the BBB, I guess being that there are unresolved issues that are posted as "no response from company" can make many people very leary of doing business. If there are attempts to show what happened or at least communication on the issues to try to resolve them, that's one thing. But no response from the company on a complaint filed with the BBB seems to me like it's "just not worth the bother or hassle." And if that's the attitude with something like that, does it carry over to orders that have problems or orders that could potentially make you lose money? That's the main concerns of the consumers. They want to be treated as a good customer and not just another number on paper.

Just some things to think about. Not trying to get into a pissing match, just laying it out in a different format so maybe another perspective is seen.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #598
SBR Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle View Post
Man, must be nice to do the broken record thing over on this site and get paid to do it. Can't you guys just forget how to spell this specific domain name?

He asked, i answered.

Joe
SBR
Old 05-22-2007   #599
SBR Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Your coworkers have deserted you, Joe, i suggest you do the same.

My co workers have not deserted me, they just probably got tired of this shit..i on the other wont back off. People have questions still..and i still have answers.

Joe
SBR
Old 05-22-2007   #600
A//// Guy

You dont have any answers.. just excuse after excuse! lol