MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 05-09-2004   #1
JoeGengsta

Send a message via AIM to JoeGengsta
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
what is a good Fuel Pressure Regulator? what do you guys use? i heard the B and M doesn't allow the base pressure to be dropped below 60psi which is no good. In addition, i heard the aeromotive is good but costy, what do you guys suggest? and where should i purchase it? of course, i'll need a fpr guage too.

INJECTORS:
i'll be getting the evo III 16g, or some other form of a 16g, and run 18 lbs from it, is the 660c's enough? what kind of injectors do you guys have? is the one hole [pentle?] style worse than the ball and many hole style?

FUEL PUMP
walbro 255lph? or is the 190lph enough to flow the 660? 255 can't hurt can it? i mean its gonna be limited by the injectors/fuel pump right?

ELECTRONICS
should i tune with the afc? is the afc 2 worth getting for the 2g? i mean shiza, i dont have a knock sensor after all. what kinda correction should i be running? how do i know what i should set the low/high?

TURBO
td05 16g, well, it should mate to the same housing for my t25 right? do i need to get new oil lines? how many oil lines are there? does the aftermarket one just bolt right up to the oem flanges? where can i get them?

KNOCK
how can i monitor knock? i know vfaq has a suggestion of connecting an led to a resisttor which is spliced in parallel to the BCS sensor wire. hmm.. anything i can do to monitor knock on a 2g? will the datalogger for the 2g measure knock? my instincts say no...

SAFETY
how do i know i've hooked stuff up right? shit, i just don't want it to blow up..
Old 05-09-2004   #2
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ
SX or Aeromotive FPRs, 550s or 660s, 255hp (don't rewire without a FPR), AFC at minimum or a DSMlink (you need to understand tuning and once that concept is there have something to control the car), 16G will bolt up with a J-Pipe. You can get 16G install kits for 2Gs all over and also get it all local. Problem is by the time you spend the $$$ you could call Elite, SLS, or us at QPR and snag a 50 or 56 trim for not a whole lot more and not have to upgrade down the road.

As for safety if you do it yourself.... TAKE YOUR TIME and follow directions. None of the above is all that hard, but if not done correctly you can cause some damage.
Old 05-09-2004   #3
JoeGengsta

is there any way i can measure konck besides that knock led [from vfaq]? is there a knock sensor on a 7bolt? i know there's one on the 6 bolt
Old 05-09-2004   #4
95tsi

Drives: a pos
screw the afc/afc-2 and get the dsmlink. You wont regret it. It is a bit more costly but for a tuning aspect it is far easier than an afc. As for injectors, I would think that 550's would be enough for a 16g. And, with dont' bother with the knock led, with dsmlink you can monitor knock.
95tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004   #5
JoeGengsta

can i monitor knock with a datalogger? i have a 97 so it has the OBII i believe..
Old 05-09-2004   #6
npaulseth

edited for being stupid
Old 05-09-2004   #7
JoeGengsta

okay, well with a datalogger, do i also have to purchase the software too? i heard some people sell their cables with some bundled software package but i heard they are like ass. i would like a logger with some good software. anyboddy know where i can get it? also if i can measure knock with a datalogger, how come i can't measure it with the AFC2? that just seems bizarre since i would be using the same knock sensor wire. then again, i didnt know the 2gs had a knock sensor wire like the 1gs. someone please remedy my confusion
Old 05-09-2004   #8
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Dataloggers/Pocketloggers won't measure knock on 2G cars. You will need either DSMLink or a standalone.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #9
JoeGengsta

thanks chris, i think im gonna go for the "tuning on timing" method :secret: