MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 07-09-2007   #1
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle
My new Bengal kitty! RAWR

...Or should I say " Meow! " Anyone else on here have a Bengal kitty? I know you have to actually buy these cats, but man is it totally worth it! I think the lady still has a gorgeous female kitten left if anyone is interested! LMK I can hook ya up with her. Good lady.

Brief history :

The first cat in this family tree is an Asian Leopard Cat (ALC). Keep in mind, it's called a "CAT." This is indeed a full wild cat from asia and other parts of the world. It's considered a "CAT" because it's truely a small wild animal. They don't look or weigh nearly the same as an African Leopard or Tiger. Here are a couple pictures of ALCs.

Cat fanatics found these cats extremely interesting for two reasons. They are quite attractive. Also, they have a weird temperment. ALC's fear humans because they've been hunted for ages to be treated as a delicacy at the table of asian folk as well as fur coats. They do not attack, they avoid.

So 20 years ago or so, someone decided to start trying to make a generic tabby cat have a unique look along with a different temperment. This person took a generic black tabby cat and bred it with a full out wild ALC. Many attempts failed throughout the years of trying to make this work.

The cats had to be bred all of the way down to a 4th generation before they were considered "domesticated animals suitable for house pets." Unfortunatly, most of the males that were born in the first generations of this bengal cat ( F1-F3 ) were unfertile aka, shootin blanks. So the breeders had to keep switching from stripped / marble cats and black cats to keep the coats of the ALC. Obviously the new Bengal breed has lost some of the qualities of an ALC but overall, they still have quite the resemblance and some will argue that they are even more attractive now!

Bengal cats generally (obviously depends on how they are raised as well) are very outgoing cats. They frequently treat their owner as their mother. What I mean is, they always want to be near you. It's not uncommon to have a bengal up in everyones business if you are having a party or something. The good thing is, they enjoy all of the attention! Some other odd traits are Playing fetch, coming when called, and that they LIKE water! Many Bengals will hop in a bath and play with toys or Hop in a pond while going for a walk. Playing fetch, coming when called, and These cats have been proven to be very loyal, well behaived, GORGEOUS and best of all, just great pets in general. They act like dogs but look like a cat!

This is what a good example of a Bengal looks like when they grow up. Obviously model cats are like model humans so you can't expect them all to quite look like this! There are also different colors / styles of these cats so keep that in mind if you look around on the web.

Last edited by Pimpin Dsmstyle; 07-09-2007 at 12:16 PM..
Pimpin Dsmstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #2
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Re: My new Bengal kitty! RAWR

Still can't think up nammes :P Zzz
Old 07-09-2007   #4
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

I'm obviously not a professional but I've picked up and read anything related to Bengal cats. The cat I had for the past year recently got outside and never came back thanks to a party of a drunken roommate and his grandma was a full 4th generation bengal ( mom was 1/2 so he was 1/4. ) Best cat I've ever seen in my life. He came when called, played fetch and liked EVERYONE. So my girlfriend naturally decided to cheer me up and get a full begal cat.

**REFER TO ORIGINAL POST FOR HISTORY OF BENGAL CAT**
Old 07-09-2007   #5
dsm95gsxer

Beautiful kitty. Ahh the joys of rasing a kitten, it's quite amazing what they can get into. My cats love to chew up rolls of paper towel.
dsm95gsxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #6
mdost03

Sonic Champion!
Drives: VA STI

Awesome looking cat! I am usually not a cat fan at all, but I could see myself with one of those haha.
mdost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #8
scheides
flips McGee

My buddy had two of these. They were absolutely amazing in many respects. They could jump from standing still to the top of a door frame in an instant. They could run like you wouldn't believe.

They were very skittish though, and after a few years it got really crazy. One of them had to go on kitty anti-depressants because it wouldn't eat (after one of his roommates fed him human food a few times). The other insisted on peeing or pooping all over his house, in a perfect grid. Every 3 feet.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #9
bananas

Drives: A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpin Dsmstyle View Post
Still can't think up nammes :P Zzz
Cool cat!
how about 'hand banana'?
bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #10
scheides
flips McGee

or badgerbadgerbadger
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #11
92EvilTalon
3.1L v6 power...

Pit Stop Challenge Champion!
Send a message via AIM to 92EvilTalon

That is a pretty kittie.

At LSE Performance: 92 Talon TSi AWD
Driving a: 93 Ford Festiva L 5spd
92EvilTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #13
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Dog
Old 07-09-2007   #14
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
My buddy had two of these. They were absolutely amazing in many respects. They could jump from standing still to the top of a door frame in an instant. They could run like you wouldn't believe.

They were very skittish though, and after a few years it got really crazy. One of them had to go on kitty anti-depressants because it wouldn't eat (after one of his roommates fed him human food a few times). The other insisted on peeing or pooping all over his house, in a perfect grid. Every 3 feet.
Digestion issues and what not is something to consider with all animals. Obviously they are still cats so any and all good / bad come along with it. Alot has to do with how they are raised, what you feed them, how you "punish" them and obviously how much attention you pay to them. I'm a cat freak so these things are no trouble for me but for someone who just wants a cat to chill around on the couch or under the table.. this is not the cat for them!
Old 07-09-2007   #15
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Looks ferocious!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #16
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Wow the ignorance on MNSC never seems to fail. I post one thread up there in like the past year and it gets whored to the max. Full of cat haters none the less. My intentions are simply to inform people about Bengals that may be interested in the cause. Other than that, I would assume no one else would even open up the thread. =/
Old 07-09-2007   #17
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Thats because you posted it in the lounge, you shoulda posted in in On Topic... The lounge is a whorefest where people just post for the sake of it.

The pics are blocked here at work so ill check later!
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #18
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy View Post
Thats because you posted it in the lounge, you shoulda posted in in On Topic... The lounge is a whorefest where people just post for the sake of it.

The pics are blocked here at work so ill check later!
asking a mod to move it. I figured it was about cats so it was pretty OFF topic :P Now I know.
Old 07-09-2007   #19
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

My step mom has one. He's fat as fuck, but loves splashing around in the bathtub or in his water dish. His paws and face are always wet.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #20
Bode

Drives: 01 Impala

That looks like a bad ass cat.To bad about Nuts, that cat was the shit, allitle crazy, but the shit.
Bode is offline   Reply With Quote