MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2014   #1
scheides
flips McGee

Project Black ValentNine AKA DSM9.0

The cure for a broken heart? Maybe!

So.....I was hanging out with some guys on Valentine's day eating some delicious sausages (Get your minds out of the gutter! We were at New Bohemia--a german delish beer hall in Minneapolis! ) and I decided I should give my buddy Rosey a Valentine's card.

Inside was a check. Several people have asked for how much....I'll just say it was a fair price. Not too much for me, not too little for him. We've been friends for 6(?) years, basically as long as he's owned his Black 2006 Evo IX GSR SE (which he's owned since it was brand new!). So, we weren't out to screw each other. Deep down, I know he wants to see it run again. Sure I gave him shit for his ghey black wheels, but I think we did 90% of the maintenance and mods on this thing in my garage...Exhaust, suspension, E85 conversion, a few brake jobs, a clutch, turbo swap, and both timing belt jobs....this car has a little bit of me in it and I wanna see it healthy again!

Wellllll......at 128,000 miles on the stock longblock gave up the ghost. Crankwalk. Pretty much unheard of on a CT9A evo, but this one somehow got it. It happened *sloooowly* over time and the car ran worse and worse as the bearings slowly ate the crank and the crank ate the CAS, until finally it died while we were in the car together in a very dangerous spot on the intersection of 169 & 394.

Well, a few days later, here's how she sits:

Crank is fuct, cams look ok, head is ok, and my fingers are sooooo crossed about the block...hoping hoping hoping it might be salvageable. It's at the machine shop now, we will soon see!

What the heck am I doing with this thing? Honestly I have no idea. He was done with it, and I just couldn't bear to see it go. My evo8 was taken from me prematurely and this will be my little return to CT9A glory. Maybe zip around locally, maybe cry and sell it instantly, but hopefully I can keep it and go have some real fun with it. We will see!

Power-wise, it made 368whp/373wtq at DB Performance on E85 (uncorrected) and 292whp on pump with very minimal mods (both before there was ever an aftermarket intake on the car in fact!)
ebay silicone intake (similar to perrin)
Perrin foam filter
Nisei LICP
Buschur 3" downpipe
ghetto-fab DIY testpipe (I don't remember this exactly, but yea buddy!)
AMS 3" catback
Walbro 255 fuel pump
PTE 1000cc injectors
MBC

Eibach springs
Bilstein struts (off of my old evo8! woot!)
Stoptech brake pads
Centric black-coated rotors
ebay short-shifter w/ base bushings
brass under-hood shifter bushings
Custom shift knob(s) - several

30% tint
Rexspeed carbon fiber lip spoiler
Tenzo DC-5 18x8 wheels
Fuzion ZRi 245/40-18 tires
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.

Last edited by scheides; 02-21-2014 at 12:25 PM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote