MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Hosted Support Forums > Modern Automotive Performance

Old 11-14-2010   #1
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
MAP Evo X o2 eliminator downpipe review w/dyno charts

MAP got the downpipe to me very quickly and the quality of construction was beautiful. I opted to get it from them uncoated so I could try out a local coater here in the Dallas-area. All the welds are so smooth and gorgeous! One thing I'll note that you can't see in the picture is how smooth the flex is internally; it definitely will not cause any restriction or turbulence to the exhaust flow.

As it arrived - bare stainless:

After ceramic coating:

Install/installed:

Fitment:
Overall fitment was perfect and spot-on with plenty of clearance throughout. The only thing though, the o2 sensor bung location is very stupid. Rather than retaining the stock 12 o'clock orientation they opted to angle it towards the passenger side of the car which results it in rattle on the chassis at idle. I do plan to talk to them about this so hopefully this will be changed for future batches. They should also include and extra bolt/nut to replace the one stud utilized on the stock o2 housing. Luckily Cobb had plenty of hardware in stock so it wasn't an issue.

Results:
I discussed the piece with Cobb Tuning - Plano and decided if would be best if we fully retuned the car, installed the pipe, then retuned the car again all in the same day to make sure we got valid back-to-back results. Thanks again goes out to help for facilitating all this!

As you can see above, it provided SOLID GAINS throughout the entire powerband. 9whp & 5wtq with the stock turbo on pump gas!

car/mods
2010 X GSR
stock turbo w/93 octane
Grimspeed 3-port @ 26psi
AFE Stage 2 Dryflow S intake
Perrin turbo inlet
Nisei UICP
MAP FMIC
Ichiba testpipe
Magnaflow catback

Final dyno runs video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHcADsKHoyo&hd=1&hd=1

I'll also add that the o2/downpipe threw the tune off quite a bit; same report I got from a friend who installed the AMS widemouth. I definitely do not recommend anyone install this without proper a logging setup and/or access to a dyno.

Reasons why I opted for the MAP vs. the AMS (the main two I considered)
1. Divorced wastegate design
2. Price
3. Weight

I feel the divorced wastegate design will provide more top-end flow since rather than having a huge bellmouth it smoothly merges the wastegate and turbine gasses back together downstream away from the turbo outlet.

weight comparison
stock o2/downpipe: 14.8 lbs.
MAP o2 elim dp: 8.2 lbs.

Last edited by Kracka; 11-14-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote