MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010   #1241
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

But you are clogging it with relevant evo x car talk, lol.

That is a good clog if you ask me...
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #1242
simulatedwood

Drives: 08 Evolution X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Yep...I still get my mutli car discount this way too, so its all good

However it seems to confuse statefarm, at least my agent, so it usually takes a billing cycle to figure it out, lol.

But I will save a lot on GAS, insurance and maintenance. I would say over the winter, probably looking at 600 or so in savings...works for me.

Edit: I don't think you have to worry about this scheides, but if you tow it anywhere, just let them know that day so you are covered...otherwise should be good to go.
This is pretty much the reason mine gets tabled for the winter, plus the I dont give a shit factor of winter beaters. The biggest reason I like doing this is always making money when selling the winter beater in the spring, which always makes for a nice little mod fund. Murlo, you can get that nice MAP manifold in the spring and be ready to roll!
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #1243
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatedwood View Post
This is pretty much the reason mine gets tabled for the winter, plus the I dont give a shit factor of winter beaters. The biggest reason I like doing this is always making money when selling the winter beater in the spring, which always makes for a nice little mod fund. Murlo, you can get that nice MAP manifold in the spring and be ready to roll!
Or pay off part of my 10k motor build, lol.
Old 11-19-2010   #1244
Murlo26

Soooo, been a while since I posted in this thread, the car ran great finally and is a blast to drive. However, it is now sitting in the garage for the next 6 months or so.

I had a choice, either borrow a bit more money to pay off my credit card or incur the finance charges of it. The whole CMC thing set me back more than I had intended.

So now I am in the hole more for the motor build than I owe on the car and the more I think about it the sadder I get.

Here is something that is going through my mind right now. Sell the car...I am very much thinking about selling the car right now, it is a total blast to drive and its at a great spot right now, but this much debt blows. I really really want to simplify my fun car, this one just makes me nervous now as if it breaks I just have no money to fix it...sure I could just drive the honda until I can fix it but honestly I almost worry about beating on it.

So anyway, here is what I am thinking...sell the car, pay off the motor build and the rest of the car and I should have like 12k left and find an Evo 8 RS or maybe 9 RS. I wouldn't be in a hurry at all to buy one so I could take my time. Then I wouldn't have much of a car payment if any and could mod accordingly. I would love to get around 400-420whp on DB's dyno and call it a day...if I got a 9 RS I think a stock turbo E85 setup would be awesome and all I would want too. I just really really miss not having to worry about checking every little thing before I drive it.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

Last edited by Murlo26; 11-19-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Old 11-19-2010   #1245
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Haha it seems like you come to this point every couple months. I think you'll miss the power at only 400whp or especially 330ish on a stock turbo e85 setup. Debt sucks though, I understand wanting to get out, but I don't think getting an 8 or 9 is really going to save you that much in the end at this point.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1246
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

Modded cars aren't worth any more than a stock one. If you were Jim and were going to part it out then maybe you'd come out okay. I suspect you could end up breaking even and be sitting there with just a Honda.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1247
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
Modded cars aren't worth any more than a stock one. If you were Jim and were going to part it out then maybe you'd come out okay. I suspect you could end up breaking even and be sitting there with just a Honda.
They aren't to the average user, I agree 100%.

I might just toss it up on EvoM and see if I get any bites.

I wouldn't sell it unless it made sense to me. As in pay off all the debt I owe on the car which would be easy if I sold it and then have a decent chunk left over. I owe 20 with what i have left on the car and what I owe on the motor.

I think I could get 30-32 with the right buyer. I would have no problems selling it at 26-28k either which wouldn't be so bad either. Then maybe I take my time looking at cars and save up some more cash etc etc.

Just thoughts in the old brain right now...I will say this, I will not be sad if I keep the car
Old 11-19-2010   #1248
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
I will not be sad if I keep the car
After all the work and frustration, I'll use mine for a coffee table before I sell it.

Old 11-19-2010   #1249
t-revzr
FLOSSEN

Drives: 2011 corolla turbo S

Quote:
They aren't to the average user, I agree 100%.

I might just toss it up on EvoM and see if I get any bites.

I wouldn't sell it unless it made sense to me. As in pay off all the debt I owe on the car which would be easy if I sold it and then have a decent chunk left over. I owe 20 with what i have left on the car and what I owe on the motor.

I think I could get 30-32 with the right buyer. I would have no problems selling it at 26-28k either which wouldn't be so bad either. Then maybe I take my time looking at cars and save up some more cash etc etc.

Just thoughts in the old brain right now...I will say this, I will not be sad if I keep the car
I blame Scheides for my car being sold lol. He bought me this money saving book and thats what it told me to do ha ha. But no really paying off debt feels great. Just throw it up for sale and see what kind of offers you get. Just cause it's up for sale doesn't mean ya gotta sell it. Think about it for a couple months that's what i did.
T-rev still #1 and lovin it!!!
t-revzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1250
Tachyon

Drives: Icarus

Sell it and get something cheaper, lighter, and much more rowdy

Old 11-19-2010   #1251
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Boosted S2k?
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1252
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-revzr View Post
I blame Scheides for my car being sold lol. He bought me this money saving book and thats what it told me to do ha ha. But no really paying off debt feels great. Just throw it up for sale and see what kind of offers you get. Just cause it's up for sale doesn't mean ya gotta sell it. Think about it for a couple months that's what i did.
I think I am going to do this, if the right price comes around then its gone...otherwise come spring I start to drive it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Sell it and get something cheaper, lighter, and much more rowdy

It will be cheaper and lighter...but probably less rowdy At least right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Boosted S2k?
Not a chance, I want an Evo still for sure, I love everything about Evo's.
Old 11-19-2010   #1253
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Me personally, I'd sell it. I'm not a fan of car payments, or modding expensive cars. That's just me.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1254
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Not driving your car in the winter to me is kinda nutty. Why not drive it to enjoy it? Especially if you dont plan to keep it for years and years where rust may even be an issue.

Modding this type of car to this level is beyond anything Id do unless price werent an issue. If that were the case, id start with a different platform though.

Id part it out, sell it mostly stock and go with an Evo 8 or 9 as a project.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1255
Murlo26

I am not parting it out...there is nothing to part out, I don't have parts to put back on the car.

I was planning on keeping the car for years. Not driving it in the winter saves me money...the reason I am looking at selling is because I wouldn't have to worry about budgeting over the next year. Without this car I would be back to being able to buy stuff without worrying about money.

I also just lost my renter, my buddy moved out, so that is another 600 a month I don't have...with that I would be fine right now. So maybe I try to find a renter and keep the car, who knows.
Old 11-19-2010   #1256
Tachyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A//// Guy View Post
Not driving your car in the winter to me is kinda nutty. Why not drive it to enjoy it?
See to me, I've never understood the concept of a single vehicle. To me they are more like silverware: select the correct utensil for the meal at hand.

For instants: 1. Nice practical (and quiet) DD for work and long distant trips. 2. Winter backup beater, when you want to go blasting though the snow and not be concerned about wrecking a $30k+ plus vehicle. 3. Balls-to-the-walls enthusiast car. A limited usage performance only, zero compromises street driven rocket. 4. Spec class race car (typically not street legal).

There are of course more subcategories than this, but I would suggest a single car will force compromise.

Just one point of view though
Old 11-19-2010   #1257
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
I would suggest a single car will force compromise.
Totally agree and that wasn't the plan when I first bought this car but I came to realize it the further along I got. The day after my loan is gone the Evo is likely to get caged.

Old 11-19-2010   #1258
simulatedwood

Drives: 08 Evolution X

Quote:
See to me, I've never understood the concept of a single vehicle. To me they are more like silverware: select the correct utensil for the meal at hand.

For instants: 1. Nice practical (and quiet) DD for work and long distant trips. 2. Winter backup beater, when you want to go blasting though the snow and not be concerned about wrecking a $30k+ plus vehicle. 3. Balls-to-the-walls enthusiast car. A limited usage performance only, zero compromises street driven rocket. 4. Spec class race car (typically not street legal).

There are of course more subcategories than this, but I would suggest a single car will force compromise.

Just one point of view though

Tachyon, we need to hang out more, that is exactly how I approach the car owning experience.
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010   #1259
Tachyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
Totally agree and that wasn't the plan when I first bought this car but I came to realize it the further along I got. The day after my loan is gone the Evo is likely to get caged.
Atta boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simulatedwood View Post
Tachyon, we need to hang out more, that is exactly how I approach the car owning experience.
Being how we're both south of the river, we should. Grapevine says you've got a car lift
Old 11-19-2010   #1260
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Quote:
Grapevine says you've got a car lift
His father does and Dad's also a car nut and overall cool dude.

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.