Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2015   #1
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm
The local low mileage $10,000 DSM...

Just an FYI

Some of you people may have seen over the years a 1GB Talon posted locally for about $13,000 claiming - 10,000 original miles. I have always wondered about the car, so I finally spoke with the owner, looked it over, and drove it.

1st major problem. Immediately I noticed the paint is not original. Saab Carbon Flash Metallic. Looking at the body, panels are straight, there is no orange peel. All new trim and outside panels were removed. Open the door... tape line. Jambs not done.

Pop the hood.. faded zinc plated fasteners and nuts - relatively clean, original engine bay with a few small exceptions: The 90s mod of removing the Air Can Snorkel, an old school manual boost controller, Mitsu intercooler clamps replaced with worm gear hose clamps and a seperate wire running from alt pos to battery.

Car is lowered on MEGAN springs, and has aftermarket adjustable upper control arms. Stock springs and control arms are in the trunk.

Interior is very clean, however the leather looks faded and has a lot of surface cracks. We see the 10,XXX miles gauge cluster.

The horse cock is gone, and shifter is lower. Horse cock is in the center console, and an acura integra knob was replaced.

An ACT 2600lb clutch was installed when the current owner bought the car.

The car starts instantly, is quiet, and drives smoothly.

He showed me an original fuel pump; I assume it has a walbro in it.

Car has original wheels in mint condition withe ORIGINAL TIRES. sort of silly they hold air!

So.... surprisingly decent aftermarket paint, a bunch of little mods that hurt it from being "all original", door jambs not painted. The guy is an old school DSMer

This car is super strange. Nice but is it collectible? Is this a $10,000 car? I'd argue no. Maybe $5k on a good day.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote