MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 04-16-2007   #1
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade
Alternator Wires

I have 2 wires coming off my alternator and I am trying to figure out where they go so I can determine which one is bad so it can be replaced. My problem is, is that my talon will not accept a charge from my alternator. My Car will only run off my battery until it is dead.

I have swapped the alternators in my eclipse with my talon and my talon with my eclipse and they both charge the same on my eclipse and nothing when both are in my talon.

I have been told by my cousin that there is maybe a faulty wire between the 2. I do have corrosion on the loop that is fastened on my positive post so I am going to replace that but I don't believe where they will lead.

If anyone can post a couple pics of where they lead to and which wire is what that would be awsome. Thank you Guys.

-Justin.
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #2
TsiEagleTalon92

Drives: 2022 Hyundai Palisade
Re: Alternator Wires

After working on my car today running a brand new 2 gauge wire from the trunk all the way to the engine block, she now seems to have a way better number now in the 12's. The highest voltage I got up to was 12.9v and haven't been there since then. So my alternator is charging but not was well as it did while it was in my eclipse, which was around 13.4v.

Does anyone have anything they can think of to check out to maybe bring things back to normal? I have checked the relay and it works fine all fuses are good, I don't know where to turn to from here.
TsiEagleTalon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #3
x-pride

Drives: She is 22, black, slow and does not play fair.
Re: Alternator Wires

Is your alternator belt tight?
x-pride is offline   Reply With Quote