MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007   #21
Talon628

Re: AFPR Problems

im not jumping in over my head this the only thing that hasnt worked, before i put the new fpr in it ran perfect too it just hit cut at like 8 psi because of the new turbo, tis why i wanted new fuel supply to run more boost, but here is every mod ive ever done,
Mitsu, Eclipse, GSX, 1997, 4g63t

T3/T4 turbonetics 60-1
Tial waste gate
Turbosmart boost controller
Tubular header,3" exhaust from the down pipe back.
ARP headstuds brand new head gasket.
injen intake, Big FMIC, HKS ssq bov
NGK wires w/ Iridium plugs
ACT flywheel and clutch
Reman tranny
B&M short shifter
new timing belt
Underdrive pully
new alternator and battery.
255lph walbro fuel pump
Aeromotive FPR
The 880cc injectors
brand new fluidine radiator samco hoses w/ slimline fans

Leak down tested and compression tested, I think that I did some more I just dont really remember off the top of my head, the only reason I havent got a tuning tool yet is because I dont really wanna deal with this mess of fuckin wires, the guy before had hacked like all the wires and me not being good with wires this sux, plus U know that plug where youd hook up like a OBD II yah that doesnt work this thing is like a wiring nightmare I cant even figure out how to hook up my a/f ratio gauge its so bad. IDK and I thought about dsm link but what happens if it still dont start or i cant get it hooked up that 500 bux gone wasted, upon all the other money already spent.
Old 03-07-2007   #22
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

You should not be hitting fuel cut at 8 psi, no matter what turbo you are on.

Fuel supply has nothing to do with fuel cut.

Like has already been said, you need to do some research before sticking parts on the car. Some form of tuning device should have been on your list before half of the other parts.
Old 03-07-2007   #23
Talon628

are you high yah im sure that my stock fuel components can support a turbo double the size of the old one makes so much sence to me now wow so I can run a big ass semi truck turbo and never need more fuel than stock to support it and get more boost wow thats amazing peer genius go fuck ur mother , maybe ill also try running 900hp without doin shit to my internals next sound good and would ya help me fill my halogen fluid too, for christ sake and ive researched this engine so that i know it better than the back of my hand btw im not some dumbass 16yr old kid workin on my honda im damn near 20 and have been around car engines my whole life

are you stupid you sound like politicians beating around my questions, I already have the shit in, everthing is in, why would you telling me that im in over my head and that other BS help me im not gonna take it all out am I, you dont tell a guy almost done buildin a fence that its not painted so take all down and paint it, you paint it where it stands, Im a lil ahead of the game I KNOW THIS, I ALSO already know I NEED A TUNING DEVICE BUT THE CAR DOES NOT START SO WHAT GOOD WOULD IT DO. I ORIGINALLY ASKED WHAT DID I SAY "WHY DOESNT IT START" THE TITLE AFPR PROBLEMS MEANING PROBLEMS WITH THAT, NOT WITH THE INJECTORS CUZ THE OLD ONES ARE IN NOW AND IT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH WOULD MEAN NO PURPOSE FOR A TUNING TOOL NOW WOULDNT IT, It doesnt matter close this god damn thread...this is pissin me off more than the car.
Old 03-07-2007   #24
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Read carefully
1.) 880's will not run your engine without something to tune them with. SAFC, dsmlink, aem, whatever....
2.) YES, you have more problems than just the injectors being uncontrolled
3.) I asked you before how you had your FPR routed to try and help you, but you keep being an asshat and wondering why people are giving you shit instead of trying to fix your problem
4.) From reading your posts, and what you :think: you know about your car, it's really obvious that you don't know as much as you :think: you do
5.) You have 13 posts, most of which are from this thread. No one here knows you. At all. You don't make a good first impression, or make anyone wanna help you by bashing the site OG's, and acting like you know more than everyone here

Old 03-07-2007   #25
Talon628

how do i post a damn pic!
Old 03-07-2007   #26
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

pics as
[img]the pic link[/img]
or
in manage attachments
Old 03-07-2007   #27
n00b EEtr

they work well
Old 03-07-2007   #28
Talon628

here are pics.//
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar001.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	5221   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar003.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	5222   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar002.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	5223  

Name:	mycaaaaaaar004.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	5224   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar005.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	5225   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar006.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	5226  

Name:	mycaaaaaaar007.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	5227   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar008.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	5228  
Old 03-07-2007   #29
Talon628

here is the wiring mess im dealin with. this was like this when i got it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mycaaaaaaar008.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	5229   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar009.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	5230   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar010.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	5231  

Name:	mycaaaaaaar011.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	5232   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar013.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	5233   Click image for larger version

Name:	mycaaaaaaar012.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	5234  

Old 03-07-2007   #30
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Keep the 450's in and check for spark, constant fuel pressure while cranking, and make sure the injectors are actually firing

Last edited by b00stcreep21; 03-07-2007 at 10:35 PM..
Old 03-07-2007   #31
Talon628

kk ill keep ya posted if that works.
Old 03-07-2007   #32
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Did you pull the plugs out and make sure they weren't soaking with fuel?

I would switch to some NGK copper plugs too. Also get that underdrive pulley off there, unless it is an real dampner, instead of just a piece of billet.

As others said, fuel cut has nothing to do with fuel supply, running out of fuel, being too rich or too lean. Yes, you do need a bigger fuel system for your setup, but without doing something else, putting in bigger stuff won't get rid of fuel cut. Fuel cut happens when the ECU sees too much airflow, the stock ECU thinks the wastegate has failed causing the turbo to overboost and it shuts fuel off. You can mod the facotry ECU(chip or DSMLink), get a different ECU, or try to trick the ECU by lowering the airflow reported to it(SAFC).

Put the 450s in, change the plugs, maybe even remove the AFPR setup and see if it will start or has fuel and spark. Make sure you don't have a big boost/vacuum leak somewhere too.
Old 03-07-2007   #33
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

The fuel line goes from the fuel rail to the AFPR and then from the AFPR to the rubber return line right? It's a little hard to see in the pics.

Is there a little air filter on your intake pipe right after the MAS? That would cause some major air metering problems.
Old 03-07-2007   #34
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Is there a little air filter on your intake pipe right after the MAS? That would cause some major air metering problems.
I didn't notice that. This thread just gets better and better!

Anyway, glad to see you're finally taking advice. You certainly haven't made a friend out of me, but it looks like there are still people willing to help you out.
Old 03-07-2007   #35
Talon628

Quote:
The fuel line goes from the fuel rail to the AFPR and then from the AFPR to the rubber return line right? It's a little hard to see in the pics.
yup, and the filter is blocked just was seeing what it looked like lol.. it dont look good either was bored and found it in the trunk.
Old 03-08-2007   #36
Talon628

Quote:
Did you pull the plugs out and make sure they weren't soaking with fuel?

I would switch to some NGK copper plugs too. Also get that underdrive pulley off there, unless it is an real dampner, instead of just a piece of billet.

As others said, fuel cut has nothing to do with fuel supply, running out of fuel, being too rich or too lean. Yes, you do need a bigger fuel system for your setup, but without doing something else, putting in bigger stuff won't get rid of fuel cut. Fuel cut happens when the ECU sees too much airflow, the stock ECU thinks the wastegate has failed causing the turbo to overboost and it shuts fuel off. You can mod the facotry ECU(chip or DSMLink), get a different ECU, or try to trick the ECU by lowering the airflow reported to it(SAFC).

Put the 450s in, change the plugs, maybe even remove the AFPR setup and see if it will start or has fuel and spark. Make sure you don't have a big boost/vacuum leak somewhere too.
yeah thats all good and great but i dont think in that mess of wiring i will be able to figure how to get a safc or dsm link hooked up ya know unless im givin like an really specific instructions and even then i dont think there is one single wire or harness where it should be, if you have like a picture of it hooked up in a car it would help me alot, i learn more from pics and hands on then words.
Old 03-08-2007   #37
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

dsm link is a chip for the ecu you do not need to wire it in. Just have to have a eprom and have some one socket it for you. the wiring does not look that bad I have seen and fixed worse than this. The worst was a kid on here that put in a safc and used duck tape on the wires to hold them to the ecu wiring after he striped the wires and he could not figure out why it did not work right.
Old 03-08-2007   #38
DBMajik
Banned

I have a 750cc chip w/ timing topping at 18 degrees and an SAFC1 if you want them for $150.
Old 03-08-2007   #39
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

Quote:
That is his air meter by pass filter, it needs to be bigger to avoid fuel cut though, or his flamitation valve is sticking.

I would get somthing to tune the car as said, new plugs, and pay someone to dyno tune the car.

~John
Old 03-08-2007   #40
n00b EEtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 View Post
and pay someone to dyno tune the car.
He doesn't have to do that, the car won't ever run
Closed Thread