PDA

View Full Version : Is The War In Iraq Worth Fighting?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

john
10-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Please give your opinion and reasons why you support or do not support the reasons for going to war against Iraq. Do you think we needed to go?

tpunx99GSX
10-09-2004, 07:46 PM
the war in afghanistan is worth fighting, the war in iraq is for oil, would you die for lower gas prices. well many people have and the prices went up.

LightningGSX
10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by tpunx99GSX@Oct 9 2004, 06:46 PM
the war in afghanistan is worth fighting, the war in iraq is for oil, would you die for lower gas prices. well many people have and the prices went up.
BS.How is Iraq a war for oil?

Alpine TSi
10-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I swear to god Tom has got to be the most uneducated bastard I have ever met. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't spout off all the time. I have been reading all these topics, and remaining silent about it all, but in every topic Tom says something absolutely stupid and without basis. Not to attack you personally but I can't stand it when people know little or nothing about something and then voice their lack knowledge publicly, just further embarassing themselves. How much lower are gas prices now compared to when we started this? Oh yeah they are higher, shut up now please. Go pray to your Michael Moore shrine.

And go ahead and be a child and something stupid about me, but in the end at least I will know that I never looked stupid publicly.

Now back to the topic on hand,

Irag was believed to be a threat and we dealt with them in a manner as to prevent another tradegy. Same situation when Clinton knew about Afghanistan, but this time we did something about.

tpunx99GSX
10-09-2004, 09:45 PM
alpineTSI im going to attack you personally because you seem to be shielded to the world around you and need to be enlightened a little. Is is that you are too stupid to realise what is going on or are you just ignorant to the truth. The original reason we went into iraq was because of 9/11 and because saddam was killing his own people and there was a supposed threat of saddam creating nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction. The UN investigators have found no weapons and have proved that saddam had nothing to do with 9/11. and saddam started to light the oil fields on fire and we attacked him even more. so why are we still in there, we got saddam and established a "New" Government. why are we still sending troops in their. If this was wasnt about oil then what the fuck was it about alpinetsi, being that you know so fucking much why dont you explain what it was about.
The war on terrorism should be fought against the terrorists that hit our country which were in afgansistan, saddam was a terrorist against his own country and never made direct attacks against us.

tpunx99GSX
10-09-2004, 09:51 PM
"How much lower are gas prices now compared to when we started this? Oh yeah they are higher, shut up now please."
How much was gas before this war, and how much is gas now. your an idiot and obviously dont know how to read or can read and just dont comprehend what i said.
we went in there for oil and it backfired. dumbshit.

LightningGSX
10-09-2004, 10:00 PM
First of all, we did NOT invade Iraq because of 9/11 or Nukes.We went into Iraq because of Saddams repeated breaking of UN resolutions.I don't know where you got this info.

If you're so sure this war was for oil, maybe you could tell me how exactly we can/will benefit from Iraqi oil? Or more specifically how Bush or his administration benefit from Iraqi oil?

LightningGSX
10-09-2004, 10:03 PM
By the way, NOTHING regarding Iraq and WMDs or links to terrorism has been either proven or disproven, once again, I don't know where you get this info.Michael Moore?

1QUICK4
10-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by tpunx99GSX@Oct 9 2004, 08:45 PM
so why are we still in there, we got saddam and established a "New" Government. why are we still sending troops in their.

The war on terrorism should be fought against the terrorists that hit our country which were in afgansistan, saddam was a terrorist against his own country and never made direct attacks against us.
We are still ther because they are not yet capable of controlling the insurgancy.

None of the 9/11 hijackers were from "Afghanistan" as you put it. I think bush picked a perfect central point for the war on terrorism. What would you call these people who are blowingup children, civilians, and our troops in Iraq? Or the people kidnapping aid workers and engineers trying to rebuild Iraq. I would call them terrorists Tom. Most of them are not from Iraq, they are just coming there from other terrorist supporting countries to disrupt the prosses of uniting a free self ruled Iraq.

If we were to pull out now you would see the worst Radical Islamic state in the history of the world. It would make Syria look like DisneyLand.

john
10-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by 1QUICK4@Oct 10 2004, 12:08 AM
What would you call these people who are blowingup children, civilians, and our troops in Iraq?

I would say that they are trying to defend their country like the rest of us would hopefully do if we were invaded.

Same situation when Clinton knew about Afghanistan, but this time we did something about. 

Clinton was not in office when we were attacked and IMO could not have for seen the events that would take place a year and a half later.

Personally, I do not think that we should be in Iraq. The only thing I think we have gained is that we captured Saddam. The bad things I can think of now:

-We went to war for WMD and there are none to be found. The inspectors couldn't
find any and we couldn't find any. Bush and company convinced everyone that
Iraq had them, scaring the public with the outdated chemicals that they found.
(Eric, I believe the CIA finally released the statement that Iraq did not have
WMD. I will read into it furthur when I get some more time. It was on the news
when I was walking out the door the other day.)
-It has cost the US roughly $130,000,000,000.00 to capture Saddam. Costs are
suppsoed to exceed $200 billion by the end of next year. I believe that this
money could have been used elsewhere like heath care, the economy, and more
domestic problems we have here.
-It has cost us over 1000 american lives to capture him
-It has cost well over 10,000 Iraqi civillians. I see on average a range from
12,000-15000 depending on where you look.
-We pretty much went to war on our own, without enough allies. We didn't wait for
NATO to back us, we just bombed them at 3 in the morning Iraqi time. The slogan
was that war is inevitable. He was set on attacking no matter what anyone
thought.

That is all I can think of now. From my stand point right now, the consequences of going far outweigh the benefits of going. I would like to believe the war is a just cause but I cannot right now. Other than capturing Saddam, what else did we gain? Why did the US have to take action versus any country in the world?