PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I love my wife

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

scheides
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Here's Anna removing the nuts from my stretched garbage ARP headstuds:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3331/3642984514_d658d5bf9b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3650/3642982804_a06c6550c8.jpg

I'm working 8pm to ~2am tonight for a massive maintenance window for work, so I went into the office at 8am with the intention of leaving at noon and taking the rest of the afternoon off to get the head 90% of the way off and relax a little. Instead, I skipped lunch and got home at 5pm. :( Anna showed up in the garage in grubbies and my buddy chris (bananas on here) stopped by to lend a hand. 7:15 we had the head off, not bad for a noob eh?

Now I'm at work. Head goes to MAP tomorrow to swap for a core they had and (hopefully) have their stage3 port job done on. Plan is for Bob to do port cleanup in the exhaust and intake runners (no reshape, no CC work), new 5-angle valve job, reuse the stock valves but backcut the exhaust valves, and new valve stem seals. Gonna use oem MLS headgasket ( but w/o copper spray this time ), AMS/TMS L19 headstuds (thanks Shane@DB!) and one of the phenolic spacer gaskets on the intake manifold. She made 375whp on DB's dyno on pump gas only (395 w/alky) with rough tunes....the goal in the back of my mind is to creep up on (but prolly not break) 400whp with some real tuning on just pump gas and not push the boost too much to keep this thing nice and reliable as a daily driver.

Alky will be kept but I think I might add a .7mm jet (have a single 1.0mm jet now) lower down the UICP. Possibly switch back to 100% meth but 50/50 is a decent combo for me and the price is right!

Anyways, stay tuned!

FattyBoomBatty
06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
The muffler is not a light bulb, you may take it off the ceiling now.

Gravy
06-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Darn admins don't even know what a light bulb is... Kinda nice you have some help to figure this out.

scheides
06-19-2009, 10:37 PM
LOL you fukers! That's rosey's stock turboback just chillin in my garage attic :D

rose0529
06-19-2009, 10:49 PM
LOL you fukers! That's rosey's stock turboback just chillin in my garage attic :D

HAHA sorry! I suppose now that i have a house i could get that out of you attic and put it in mine!

Glad to hear you got the head off! Wish i coulda come over to help, woulda been more fun than busting up shitty cement!

ESchwanz
06-19-2009, 11:37 PM
:nod: nice! lucky man. Always nice to have help, but better when it's from somone you love... and without asking. Wow!

ylimert01
06-19-2009, 11:38 PM
:nod: nice! lucky man. Always nice to have help, but better when it's from somone you love... and without asking. Wow!
quoted for truth.

dumb_ricer
06-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice! Phenolic spacers are so FTW!

scheides
06-19-2009, 11:55 PM

She normally doesn't want to much but IDK, she must have just seen the frantic look in my eyes to get it all done and just helped me buckle down and rock it out. Hard part is behind me now, just gotta get it the rest of the way apart and get it back together. Then to shane for tuning (finally), then just keep driving it. It's been broken for a month and I have still driven it quite a bit, just taken it easy and stuck to 'only' 24psi :D

Heh Hughes was going to come over and help me with this tomorrow AM after I get off of work then go work on his jetski....looks like the jetski willget lots of love! :D

ESchwanz
06-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Hope ya get it all done soon! :) Picking up a water pump in the morning. Just getting all the stuff I need for doing the timing... & the cheaper I find stuff the more affordable the hks 272 look. :D