PDA

View Full Version : off topic, who snowboards?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Supa_dupa_man
12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
hey, i was just wondering how many of you guys snowboard? being that all the hills in minnesota are about open now, thanx to our snow we just got, what do you ride? where do you ride? how long you been doin it? what is your riding style?

Kracka
12-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I started learning last winter, wouldn't mind keeping it up.

Supa_dupa_man
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
have you bought a board or bindings or any thing yet?

ABV
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I usually go once or twice a year. This year I've been recruited to teach Allan and Jana. We'll see how that goes. :) I'm going to teach my Girlfriend too. Oh, and my cousins are coming up for christmas this year and they want to try snow boarding too. So, I guess I will be going a lot this year. :)

I just have a cheap setup I picked up from an old roomate a couple years ago. I got new bindings last year, but I want to get a new board and boots too.

TkrPerformance
12-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I do but have not gone in a few years. I will be going this year if I have the time

asshanson
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I started learning last winter, wouldn't mind keeping it up.

That was fun, did we hit anything besides Buck Hill? You were using a SIMS Raider 03, 155cm board. We should do that again this year. I get to teach my girlfriend this year... that should be interesting.

I've been doing it for 6 years now, had that SIMS board until last year when I got a Rossignol travis rice board, 159cm and much faster. However, I should have held out until this year and bought the Libtec travis rice board, The House now carries Libtec.

Went to crested butte my first year, and been going to Targhee every year since then, including this coming new years. For me it's a toss up between freeride and freestyle. I really like the out of control fast downhill stuff with lots of powder, but at the end of the run I like to get a few jumps in at the park. Nothing like a half pipe or crazy rails, just basic stuff so far.

vr-4lif3
12-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I go to spirit mountain. It is so nice to have a season pass there.

Goat Blower
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I've been boarding since 1991. I used to get a season pass at Spirit Mountain every year. I've gone once or twice the last few years, time is short and it's not too good for us with low back problems. I miss it though, Hot 100 Schnapps on the chairlift to keep warm was lots of fun back in the day. Bloody Mary's at 9am in the SM bar was a lot of fun as well, the best ones out there.

xveganxcowboyx
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll be at Welch Village a lot this year ($100 season pass for college students). I'll also be heading to Colorado to board over Christmas break.

tpunx99GSX
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I used to have a Black Snow snowboard, it was awesome, it was the black plastic one.