MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 07-21-2004   #1
Alpine TSi
Banana Hammock!

Drives: Shitbox
So I have been starting to really notice the need for a different daily driver(as the van now has 353K on it) and was looking at possibly a GVR4. Still the heart of a DSM and a little more storage and comfort. Especially like the sedan feature(man it sucks hauling a child car seat in and out of a talon). Something I could also possibly let the gf drive when she proves she can drive a stick and take care of it.

Basically I was wondering how hard these are to find, if there was a certain year to look for, about how much a good condition(needs to run and be in one piece) one would cost.

And yes I am aware they are heavy bitches, but I really do like the looks of them and the sleeper look is great.

Thanks in advance!

1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
678/1000
Alpine TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004   #2
dubyagee

Drives: 1991 Talon tsi-Tasha- & 1994 s10 Blazer-Blaze...original huh?...ahh memories-
Send a message via MSN to dubyagee
To my knowledge they were only produced in 1991 in small numbers, there are some swapped conversions turning them into GVR4's but 1991 is the year.

Some history, they were produced because of a rally racing rule that there had to be a production based vehicle of the car you raced.

Most owners want an arm and a leg for one but in many cases its worth it. I know there is one tuners right now for $9,000.

:goodluck: :dsmrule:

<edit> this is Emcee gsxtc, I guess dubya never logged out.
Old 07-22-2004   #3
93laserawd

Tournaments Won: 6

If you would have said something a little sooner I know where one sat with 105000 miles on it for only 1500 bucks and everything worked but it was a salvage title due to an accident in 1993. Very nice car and I think it sold about 3 or 4 months ago. It was also a 1991.
Old 07-22-2004   #4
no1692

2000 were made in 1991, 1000 in 1992. they're not too hard to find if you're willing to make an effort. check out galantvr4.org, there's usually someone willing to sell. i think there's one on dsmtrader right now from bloomington, mn and someone else selling one in need of a motor from the forums.

i really like mine, she's finally running. just waiting to get all the little problems solved. she's sitting at qpr.
no1692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004   #5
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!
i hope you don't plan on using it as a winter beater, there are 8 billion talons out there, use that as the beater

heavy bitches? they weigh 70 more lbs than a 1g awd
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote