MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 12-04-2003   #1
NSANE

Hey I've got a 95 gsx 5 speed. It has a stainless bi metal head gasket with arp studs, Inen cold air intake, 16g (small), pored exhaust manifold, ported o2, 2.5" down pipe, 3" exhaust, turbo xs dual stage boost controller,walbro intank pump, 2500lb clutch, 4lb lightned flywheel, hard upper IC pipe with super sequintial blowoff valve, boost, egt, air fuel guages and a venom nitrous system (has not ben used on this car yet). I have 2 problems #1 is that i am getting what i believe is fuel cut at abot 5500 rpm. I have a supper afc (not installed) but wuld this fix fuel cut. I have also ben consedering the dsm link does any body local sell them and are they as good as they sound? Is their any easy cheap fix? 2nd is the fact that my boost is around 21 psi above 4500 rpm. I know that it is from boost creep. It will hold at the preset at lower rpm's I have also tested the the internal waste gate. My Question is what type of wastgate system I should go with external on manifold, or o2 elimanitor style? Any help would be appreciated thanks! :3gears:
NSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003   #2
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
Your running 20 psi with no fuel management and no 550s at least? Seems like thats why your hitting fuel cut... As for the creep talk to Jet or Raptor about porting the O2 if its not done right, or if you need a bigger WG flapper installed.

You must be running really lean wth no fuel management and the O2 guage isnt going to show much... maybe really lean vs rich...
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003   #3
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
You definately don't need to go to an external gate on a 16g. Get your O2 housing and turbo ported (check out the member offered services). If you are getting fuel cut, then put in some bigger injectors and tune it with the SAFC or have Elite do it for you on the dyno.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003   #4
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
Get the creep fixed and get some 550cc injectors. Also the Venom nitrous system will not work so great on your car. It will not work with an AFC and it is a dry system, which is not something you want to run on a turbo car. It is also a computer controlled nitrous system and it will try to run A/Fs that are safe on a non-turbo car, but very dangerous on a turbo car.