MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 03-22-2007   #1
tnm27
I'm the short one.

data logger

i've got a 1g eclipse gsx. now i know that some of you prefer dsm link and so on but i am a college student, and being so i can't afford that so in the mean time i did some research, i found this on ebay. i would like some input on it. rock falls is coming up and i would like it in time to do some tests on my car, since my Check Engine Light is on and i would like to get rid of it as well as see where my timing lies, my fuel system, etc. my question is, does anyone know about this specific product and software, what are some pros, cons, etc. will it be something worth buying. any input is appreciated, also which of the two would you prefer. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-1...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by tnm27; 03-22-2007 at 02:32 PM..
tnm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
DBMajik
Banned

Re: data logger

Back when I was using a logger, I screwed around with every program out. And MMCD is not the most user friendly software. Just the other day I had to help out a friend who's been through five? DSMs because he couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

I'd go with Pocketlogger from www.digitaltuning.com and I used a Sony Clie n610.
You don't need something like that, but I definitely do recommend a color palm.
DBMajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
ExTREME
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ExTREME Send a message via MSN to ExTREME Send a message via Yahoo to ExTREME

Loggers are fun...you find out alot on what's wrong with your car and are able to monitor a few settings.

I'll sell you mine from DSMLOGGERS.COM. Got it a few months back, installed it, used it a few times when I got my car back up and running and now I bought DSMLink so it sits. Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by ExTREME; 03-22-2007 at 06:25 PM..
ExTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
tim

MMCd works well and is free. Pocketlogger.com has a good product but it costs money.

Search logger or pocketlogger on here and you will find a few threads on here that even tell you how to make your own cable. Then all you need is a used palm and the free software.
tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
tnm27
I'm the short one.

extreme i sent u a pm...reply back asap, thanks.
tnm27 is offline   Reply With Quote