MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 08-01-2008   #1
brando

Drives: gutlass
Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando
clutch problems need major help!!!

ok so some of you might know of my buddy "doc". well have just finished his fully built fwd and the only thing that is holding us up from driving it is that for some reason the slave wont open all the way when we push the clutch in. its supposed to move 3/4 of an inch or more and its only moving 1/2 inch. this problem originally occurred when we pulled the old tranny and after that we could never get the clutch to work right. since then we swapped the built motor in and all new clutch components. master, slave, peddle assembly, braided clutch line, fidanza clutch and flywheel, TOB, everything. we bled from the master, slave, and bled the slave itself and still nothing different, its still a 1/4 inch short. the only way we can get the clutch to work properly is to push the clutch in to get the slave to move out as far as it will go and then clamp on to it with a vice grips then it will open enough to disengage the clutch otherwise it doesn't move far enough .

please can you tell us whats wrong he needs this car to drive till we get another one of the cars running and we need to get this done before the end of the year

brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #2
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: clutch problems need major help!!!

You need to call me asap.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #3
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Drives: Cyborg from Japan

What clutch was put in it? You might need an "extrended slave rod" or just adjust the clutch pedal.
Old 08-02-2008   #4
brando

Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando

with the extended slave rod it will be putting force on the tob constantly
Old 08-02-2008   #5
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
ok so some of you might know of my buddy "doc". well have just finished his fully built fwd and the only thing that is holding us up from driving it is that for some reason the slave wont open all the way when we push the clutch in. its supposed to move 3/4 of an inch or more and its only moving 1/2 inch. this problem originally occurred when we pulled the old tranny and after that we could never get the clutch to work right. since then we swapped the built motor in and all new clutch components. master, slave, peddle assembly, braided clutch line, fidanza clutch and flywheel, TOB, everything. we bled from the master, slave, and bled the slave itself and still nothing different, its still a 1/4 inch short. the only way we can get the clutch to work properly is to push the clutch in to get the slave to move out as far as it will go and then clamp on to it with a vice grips then it will open enough to disengage the clutch otherwise it doesn't move far enough .

please can you tell us whats wrong he needs this car to drive till we get another one of the cars running and we need to get this done before the end of the year

Clutch fork bent?
Bleed back thru the master or slave cylinder?
Old 08-02-2008   #6
brando

its a brand new fork and fulcrum. the problem we are having is that its like the slave isnt moving far enough.l rre and shep both said that it should be moving 3/4 of an inch and its only moving 1/2 an inch

what do you meen bleed back thru?
Old 08-02-2008   #7
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!

Torn o-ring in the cylinder on the slave or the master, so you are loosing some fluid when you push the pedal. Could account for the lack of full movement.
Old 08-02-2008   #8
brando

its brand new and its dry as hell behind the boot. we tryed a rebuilt one and another new one
Old 08-02-2008   #9
niterydr
back in the saddle again

Is there a way the slave cylinder could be installed on the wrong side of the tranasmission/bellhousing?
Old 08-02-2008   #10
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

Is the master leaking? I personally have seen two "new" units both be defective.

Also, you replaced the pedal assembly, make sure it's adjusted right, or see if you can get some more slave movement by adjusting the pedal.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #11
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
Is there a way the slave cylinder could be installed on the wrong side of the tranasmission/bellhousing?
I have seen it done, blew up the TOB along with other problems, but you can make it work that way if you really really want it to