MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 07-29-2012   #341
M1L3S

Drives: 99Gst
Re: The Gun Thread

Holly shit. You guys have some serious firepower! I didn't know you could legally own weapons like that!
The old school AK47's I thought were defiantly illegal....

My bestfreinds uncle is a huge gun nut. His basement is converted into a huge safe like fortress lol. He's a trader collector and enthusiast. He would always tell us stories of him shooting at prairie dogs in the dakota's with his .50 cal. But I personally never seen it. I did see his literal oddles of othier guns though. His basement looks like the scene from the matrix where they pick there weapons lol.

I just never understood the need for more then 2 guns when you only have two hands and load is expensive. But don't flame I'm still a noob to firearms. I do have a .22 though. Yeah buuuudy.. fill pop cans with water and shooting them is fun no matter how old you are ........
M1L3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #342
Constant_Project21

Drives: E36

Finally getting excited about guns again. Gonna shoot a couple pistols, an xdm, and a few glocks. Gonna get my conceal and carry, and eventually buy myself a pistol and an AR. I have spent a bunch of time picking and choosing what I want and will be able to afford, I'm pretty excited to get my first couple weapons of my own.

Right now I'm planning on picking up a glock 23, which is one of the guns ill be testing out. I have an idea of what I want in my AR, we will see what I can get together.

And since I have nothing of my own, here is a picture of sweet .50 beowulf
Constant_Project21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #343
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

Just curious why you chose the Glock 23 before shooting any of them? Or is it still kind of up in the air until after you've shot them all?

I got my SA before shooting anything else and kind of wish I had tried out a few more ahead of time.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012   #344
Constant_Project21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
Just curious why you chose the Glock 23 before shooting any of them? Or is it still kind of up in the air until after you've shot them all?

I got my SA before shooting anything else and kind of wish I had tried out a few more ahead of time.
It isn't decided by any means. The 23 was highly recommended by a few people, for what I was looking out of a pistol. I have held the xdm and the 23 and just from hand feel, I already like the 23 more. My friend also has a 19, so ill give that a go as well.
Old 09-12-2012   #345
1999Gst

Drives: 1999 Eclipse,

Just got my first Kahr and i love it. Went with the K9 full stainless little heavyer than the poly frame Kahrs. Main reason was for the crimson trace laser grip i can add on. Gun will be for CC license and got to shoot it today, not to much buck for the small frame. i like it and got a good deal on it.
1999Gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #346
Constant_Project21

Those have always intrigued me, def good on price from what I have heard. I haven't seen many bad things about them either. We should have a mitsustyle range trip! I'm going to get an AR first, as I want something a little more fun to shoot, since I won't be doing it often.
Old 09-12-2012   #347
EclipseGST

Checkers Champion! Crash Test Danny Champion! Get A Grip Champion!
Drives: Short Bus
Send a message via AIM to EclipseGST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseGST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Project21 View Post
It isn't decided by any means. The 23 was highly recommended by a few people, for what I was looking out of a pistol. I have held the xdm and the 23 and just from hand feel, I already like the 23 more. My friend also has a 19, so ill give that a go as well.
I have a glock 27 gen 4 that I CC and I couldnt be happier... My brother is a local officer and carries the Glock 23 and seems to be happy with it. I've shot it a few times and like it but its a little big to conceal in my eyes.

Here is mine... MD cans to rep size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0943.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	12823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0944.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	12824  
EclipseGST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #348
1999Gst

I like the 27, I my self was looking at the 26 (samething just a 9mm instead of 40) and shot one and really liked it. i just like the kahr a little better because of the single stack clip. makes the whole gun feel so skinny compared to the fat glock.
Old 09-12-2012   #349
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster

Well, no new guns for me since the Swiss, but I did go get my carry permit. It was odd timing for me, I had paid for and was waiting for my class and then the whole Batman/Colorado thing went down about a week before. Been carrying my Sig P225 whenever possible since. I am thinking I might look into a M&P Shield for something just a tad lighter. I've gotten used to concealing the full size pistol, but a compact just seems to interest me.
Old 09-12-2012   #350
Fejery4491

Drives: 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFaster View Post
Well, no new guns for me since the Swiss, but I did go get my carry permit. It was odd timing for me, I had paid for and was waiting for my class and then the whole Batman/Colorado thing went down about a week before. Been carrying my Sig P225 whenever possible since. I am thinking I might look into a M&P Shield for something just a tad lighter. I've gotten used to concealing the full size pistol, but a compact just seems to interest me.
I would urge you to make sure you shoot both the shield and m&p9c before you go and buy the shield. I went to buy my carry piece I thought the shield was gonna be it. My buddy (works at the gun shop I go to) encouraged me to think about the m&p9c.

With the shield you:
-You lose the option of a safety lever or not.
-Lose grip inserts.
-You lose ambidextrous controls.
-You lose 5 rounds

Dimensions are pretty damn identical, though the shield is a fair bit slimmer since its a single stack. But neither are intended to be pocket guns. I've been carrying the m&p9c daily for the past year or so now, its really been a great little gun. And compared to a P225 it'll seem plenty small. Just something to think about.
Fejery4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012   #351
1999Gst

i also looked at the m&p9c. not a bad piece at all. anyone like the kimber solo? or sig 938?
Old 10-19-2012   #352
Trogdor

Drives: people crazy

My new carry weapon. Springfield XDs .45 ACP.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #353
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Buy your guns and ammo quick! http://www.opednews.com/populum/link...?linkid=158418
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #354
93gtpeater

Drives: cbr 1000rr repsol

After reading that iam going to make it a goal to buy a firearm before 2013.
93gtpeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #355
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

^X2
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #356
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Glad I have one in my nightstand...
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #357
1999Gst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
My new carry weapon. Springfield XDs .45 ACP.

i was just reading on this, how do you like it? have you shot it yet?
Old 11-08-2012   #358
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Looks like I better get my pistol soon, just picked up a Savage .270 so I should be good with everything else. Ammo becomes the next question mark.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #359
Trogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999Gst View Post
i was just reading on this, how do you like it? have you shot it yet?
The Good: It's a great size for carry, it's very simple to take down and clear, its accurate, it has a nice fiber optic front sight that comes with extra red or green in the case, also comes with 2 mags, a holster, a mag holster, a lock, and brush.

The Bad: The parts are a tight fit. This is both good and bad. People have reported problems with light strikes and misfeeds. Springfield has stated that they did send them from the factory a little dry. They recommend lube and a break in period of about 200 rounds. Both 1G_DSM and I have experienced this.

However, both of us also have resolved the issue with a little lube and proper grip. On that note, it is a small gun. If you have a large hand, you may find it difficult to grip because your pinky hangs off the end. This is why I have the 7 round mag, it allows me to get my full hand on it. After lubing it properly I've put another 250 rounds through it, and didn't have any issues with it. I would have like it to have worked properly from the factory, but given it was a simple fix, I'm very satisfied with it.
Old 11-08-2012   #360
Trogdor

You can take your tin-foil hats off. That article is crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4nhS5ZXhEc