MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Brakes / Body / Suspension

Old 04-05-2004   #1
jd1828

Send a message via AIM to jd1828
i took my car out a while ago and im crusing down the street. i hear that damn thumping sound that ive learned to hate. this time the front driver side wheel bearing. i just had a rear one go out a month or two ago. so im stuck in d-town again. the shitty part is i had that whole hub assembly off two days ago to swap out a cv boot and do some brake work. why couldnt the bearing go bad a few days ago. do they tend to go out around the same time?
jd1828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004   #2
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly
If the car has high mileage I would have done all of them at the same time instead of just one.
A//// Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004   #3
jd1828

when i got the last one done i was stuck up here in duluth and was paying archers $70 an hour to fix it. so doing all 4 really wasnt a choice. i think ill do the other two as soon as i can.
Old 04-06-2004   #4
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
i've never done them, how hard is it to do?

I assume with cars here in MN it is all rusted up and crapy down there..

-E
Old 04-06-2004   #5
jd1828

they are not too hard to do. the worst part is getting the hub off. on a MN car you can expect every thing to be rusted on. it took me about 3 hours to get the hub off last weekend. i put anti sieze on the rusty bolts. so it should be easy to do. only problem is that im in duluth and dont have a garage or tools. so i get to pay someone to do it for me.
Old 04-06-2004   #6
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
get friends who have garage... or bring it back home and do it!

-E
Old 04-06-2004   #7
jd1828

i tried to drive back home when the other one went bad and i made it about 5 miles out side of duluth. then i had to turn around. by the time i got back to my dorm the wheel felt like it was about to fall off. i called archers and they said that since i already got all the rusty bolts out that it will take less than an hour.
Old 04-06-2004   #8
A//// Guy

Wheels bearings are hard to do becuase you have to pack them with grease and then put them back together. They squeeze together and its very hard to do. I took them all apart and of the car and took the whole hub to Red Roosters machine shop and they did them no problem.
Old 04-08-2004   #9
JustROLLIN
SpunBearing

Breakout Champion! Field Goal FootBall Champion!
If anyone needs wheel bearings done I will do them for about half the price a shop would charge to have them done. Just PM and let me know.
Old 04-08-2004   #10
jd1828

i just got back from archer getting it fixed. im glad i didnt try to fix this one my self. they couldnt get the rotor off even after heating it red hot and beating on it. they had to cut the rotor off with a torch. in the process of cutting and heating the rotor they decided that it would be best if i used a new knuckle. not a new one but one that was still good. so in the end i got a used knuckle, new rotor, new hub and bearing. took them almost 4 hours and only cost me $300 so im happy. i love seeing a huge garage full of vipers :drool:
Old 04-08-2004   #11
phoenix60

Damn I've lived here 2 years and never even heard of this archer place. Where is it?
Old 04-08-2004   #12
A//// Guy

Duluth.. Im not sure why such nice cars are up there in place that has snow two thirds of the year.
Old 04-09-2004   #13
jd1828

Quote:
Originally posted by EclipseTurbo@Apr 8 2004, 10:54 PM
Duluth.. Im not sure why such nice cars are up there in place that has snow two thirds of the year.
its right by the airport. there site is www.archerracing.com

not only were there like 15 vipers there but i also saw a decently new porsche. it was on a lift so it was hard to tell what it was.