MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2015   #1
BriK

Drives: GG IX MR SE
FS: Brand new, never used 2.4lb Lithium Battery-- Ballistic Evo2 12 cell

What: Ballistic Evo2 12 cell Lithium Ferrous Phosphate battery weighing in at 2.4 pounds. Battery info here: http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...roducts_id=426

I've used the same battery in my Evo for 2 years without problems; it works better for me than the Odyssey PC680 which weighs 13 more pounds. The astute reader will notice later in this thread I mention I thought I killed one but, while I did drain it down, it only drained after 5 days of non-use which included several times opening the doors, which I believe also triggered a Bluetooth OBD2 reader to turn on and stay on, and I have a constant draw due to an overzealous alarm system. I now only disconnect the battery if I won't be using the car for several days. Ryan Thompson uses the same battery in his Evo which doesn't have a stupid alarm and I believe he leaves his connected permanently except during Winter storage.

How much: Retails for $230, looking for $225 since it is 100% brand new, never even screwed in terminals.
Where: Can be picked up in Woodbury or we can discuss meeting somewhere.
Why selling: TL;DR version: I bought it, didn't need it, seller won't accept returns.

Long story long: I thought I had a dead Lithium battery (this exact model) so I bought two more to make sure one arrived in time for an event. I received the two new batteries BUT I was also able to revive the battery I thought was dead, despite previous failed attempts-- even revived it to full strength with all cells showing balanced voltage. So I was left with three working batteries and only needed one. I'm running the "old" one, I was able to return another, but an Amazon seller won't accept returns of these batteries, despite a policy which indicates otherwise. I debated keeping this as a spare but I'd rather have cash in my pocket.

Last edited by BriK; 07-24-2015 at 08:50 AM..
BriK is offline   Reply With Quote