MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 08-06-2005   #1
Raptor
ConArtist

Where I have been.

The other thread seems to have dissapeared, but here is the answer.

Okay girls, big dillema is not as bad as it seems. I have been out of the shop pretty much all day every day doing everything I can to stay out of the heat/humidity. It will put me back in the hospital pretty much immediatly so I really don't have a choice. But I am working later at night when it's cool, the people who have gotten ahold of me are the ones who call then. My answering machine holds very few messages, those who call early fill it up by noon, sorry you guys have not been getting through. Matt, I will have the housing for you today, will call you later. I am working on a quest motor today, need to get it done and out of my way so I can get to some of this other stuff that is behind finished but I will get the housing for you first. Then everyone else is after that. And as for the reason I don't hire anyone, Everyone I have had work for me has managed to screw up so much stuff that i don't get time to finish anything else. The stuff that was done the week before I went in the hospital last time, was back as soon as I got out and occupied over a week of time just getting stuff to where it should be. I still have stuff to take care of from the work of old employees, they are going to wait till some of this other stuff gets done. No choice. I don't trust anyones work at this point. Frustrated doesn't begin to describe. Enough about that. But that is why. If I can't get it done myself, it won't get done here. For now, until I catch up on all this stuff, don't bring anything new to the shop, LSE, Elite and JET can handle it. Not Propulshun - they are out of business.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #2
1slowdsm
Now 1 second.....slower!

Drives: 1993 Talon AWD
Send a message via MSN to 1slowdsm
Re: Where I have been.

Hahaha...and I felt kinda bad about letting LSE work on my car instead of you. I didnt know you were this busy. Now you have one less car to work on this year.... Good luck finishing up all the work around there...
1slowdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #3
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Glad your working during the times will it effect you less. I still have to get over there one of these nights.
Old 08-06-2005   #4
Raptor
ConArtist

Don't have much of a choice, cant' get anything done from a hospital bed. It is starting to cool off enough though, the humidity is what I can't handle. Today wasn't too bad. If it stays like this or better I will be fine in normal hours. Granted I do tend toget more done at night without the phone ringing constantly.
Old 08-06-2005   #5
v8klla

Send a message via ICQ to v8klla Send a message via AIM to v8klla

Mike,

I was just wondering what would make you post this on a public forum? One in which many of your prior employees that have apparently "managed to screw up so much stuff that i don't get time to finish anything else" frequently visit? Not only are you going to end up creating enemies, but it doesn't say much for your operation.

I have been a loyal QPR customer since the beginning, but have been forced to pursue other venues due to the timeframe of the work. As such, one of your prior employees recently finished my car, and I must say I am more than happy with the results.

I have nothing against you or your operation, as your work is top notch. However, I do not see the need to publicly bash someones work, especially when the person you may have directly or indirectly referred to feels so passionately about the quality of the work they do.

Chris Carey
E: chris@maperformance.com

We want your business! Please contact me directly for a quote or stop by the facility for a quick tour!
v8klla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #6
Pimpin Dsmstyle
Br0k3N

Send a message via AIM to Pimpin Dsmstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8klla
Mike,

I was just wondering what would make you post this on a public forum? One in which many of your prior employees that have apparently "managed to screw up so much stuff that i don't get time to finish anything else" frequently visit? Not only are you going to end up creating enemies, but it doesn't say much for your operation.

I have been a loyal QPR customer since the beginning, but have been forced to pursue other venues due to the timeframe of the work. As such, one of your prior employees recently finished my car, and I must say I am more than happy with the results.

I have nothing against you or your operation, as your work is top notch. However, I do not see the need to publicly bash someones work, especially when the person you may have directly or indirectly referred to feels so passionately about the quality of the work they do.

Chris Carey
Clearly you didn't get to read the thread in which people were bashing him and his operation. If you read it, you would know exactly why he felt the need to post what he did.

If anyone else has things they'd like to say to him or eachother for that matter, I think it should take place VIA PM since this is really not appropriate.
Old 08-06-2005   #7
Raptor
ConArtist

Actually Chris is right, I didn't specify who it was and I won't, but I should say it wasn't Kyle. He always did very decent work for me, never a problem there. As far as who it is, don't ask, I won't say but that was directly only to answer why I will not hire anyone else, not to trash anyone specifically in public.
Old 08-06-2005   #8
StealthGST

Send a message via AIM to StealthGST Send a message via MSN to StealthGST

I think you should hire a hot blonde chick
Old 08-06-2005   #9
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthGST
I think you should hire a hot blonde chick

He's wanted something along those lines since Nov of 03.
Old 08-06-2005   #10
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

I don't think anyone was trashing on Mike in the other thread. There were some people that were getting frustrated from not being able to get a hold of him (myself included), but noone was trashing him. Mike is a good guy and has a hard time saying no to people. That isn't a bad thing, but things end up taking longer that way. Like was said in the thread, he also gets a lot of projects in that turn out to be much bigger than he anticipates because people don't tell him the whole story.

Now that he is back, all is well.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #11
Emcee gsxtc

Send a message via AIM to Emcee gsxtc

Well its just good to know that Mike will not let anything stop him from the quality he provides, and that now I know which cars to send to which shops when.

Mike stay as healthy as possible, and keep up the excellent work!

Pick Two: FAST CHEAP RELIABLE
Emcee gsxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #12
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Good to see you are ok. Try to stay well man!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #13
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Ive always had good luck getting a hold of Mike and he always completed my projects on time and of great quality. Some things may take longer than others, thats just how it goes when you dont feel that great and when your a one man show. I doubt Mike has been taking much new work in the past few months unless its a really quick job because he has soo much stuff to do.

You guys all know that Mike has a lot of work to do and you have to wait in line. As for comunication? How is he supposed to sit in front of the phone and work at the same time, especially when he has to make random trips to the hospital sometimes.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #14
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseTurbo
Ive always had good luck getting a hold of Mike and he always completed my projects on time and of great quality. Some things may take longer than others, thats just how it goes when you dont feel that great and when your a one man show. I doubt Mike has been taking much new work in the past few months unless its a really quick job because he has soo much stuff to do.

You guys all know that Mike has a lot of work to do and you have to wait in line. As for comunication? How is he supposed to sit in front of the phone and work at the same time, especially when he has to make random trips to the hospital sometimes.
Looks like Mike did hire someone, an advertising guy.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote