Metallic Gold 0 0%
Paint By Numbers 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2012   #161
CornFed2.4

Drives: You crazy!
Send a message via AIM to CornFed2.4
Re: 95 Talon TSi AWD

I hear ya on the money but the reason they are more is cause their rare and companys like cerifit dont remanufacture them. You can get a certifit bumper for an eclipse for less that $40. Not to bad and the fitment is nice.

But when I called around the only place that had talon stuff was keystone and it was to the tune of $350 for the front and $425 for the rear, So actually $200 is not that bad.

Id still go rare look. Or just leave it. The reason why vent holes were cut into the eclipse bumpers was for airflow. If your not overheating ditch the vents in the bumper and just leave it oem look if you do decide to go that route.
CornFed2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #162
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
I hear ya on the money but the reason they are more is cause their rare and companys like cerifit dont remanufacture them. You can get a certifit bumper for an eclipse for less that $40. Not to bad and the fitment is nice.

But when I called around the only place that had talon stuff was keystone and it was to the tune of $350 for the front and $425 for the rear, So actually $200 is not that bad.

Id still go rare look. Or just leave it. The reason why vent holes were cut into the eclipse bumpers was for airflow. If your not overheating ditch the vents in the bumper and just leave it oem look if you do decide to go that route.
My dad owns a body shop so Keystone's advertised price is not what we pay. We pay a good amount under that. The last time I checked they were out of stock on the fronts. I forget the rear's availability.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #163
CornFed2.4

Im aware of the shop. Just saying the average Joe cant walk into there and get those prices. Id guess your still gonna pay $200-$250 though with said discount.

Either way whatever bumper you choose, youll do it right and get it painted and will look good.

On a side note how much would your dad charge to spray front, rear bumpers, sideskirts, fenders, hatch and hood?

PM me a price I could drop said parts of while Im ski fishing in your area.
Old 07-08-2012   #164
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornFed2.4 View Post
Im aware of the shop. Just saying the average Joe cant walk into there and get those prices. Id guess your still gonna pay $200-$250 though with said discount.

Either way whatever bumper you choose, youll do it right and get it painted and will look good.

On a side note how much would your dad charge to spray front, rear bumpers, sideskirts, fenders, hatch and hood?

PM me a price I could drop said parts of while Im ski fishing in your area.
True true. I also didn't touch on the Certafit bumpers; I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot poll. lol Keystone makes a nice OE replacement.

I'll ask him whenever possible. I should be able to get you a round-about price sometime Monday.
Old 07-08-2012   #165
CornFed2.4

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2012   #166
GsXtUrBo98

Drives: 98 GSX, 04 is300
Send a message via AIM to GsXtUrBo98

Do 2GB talon bumpers. I've always loved them. Just sayin

GSX 463awhp 363awtq on DB!
GsXtUrBo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #167
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

I do love the 2gb Talon look, but there is not much that can be done to a 2gb Talon front bumper, cutting wise. I do plan to have a nice sized FMIC on this car in time. Along with the Holset or possibly the 16g.
Old 07-08-2012   #168
GsXtUrBo98

Drives: 98 GSX, 04 is300
Send a message via AIM to GsXtUrBo98

Stock is sexy in my opinion I didn't do anything with mine just trimmed and I have a big fmic and a 35r

GSX 463awhp 363awtq on DB!
GsXtUrBo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #169
CornFed2.4

I to didnt cut my bumper with my front mount and only had issues when I was in rush hr traffic and it was hot. In your neck of the woods I dont see traffic being an issue.
Old 07-23-2012   #170
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

I guess I just like the look of the bumper cutout to show the FMIC. Maybe I will have to look into a 2gb bumper to keep it more stock appearing. Who knows.

I started working on the car again. I forget if I have mentioned this or not but the engine has been making a tapping/rattling sound (from 3,000 up). I believe it is a cracked flex plate and/or the disc/teeth around the torque converter. That discouraged me a bit so I moved onto the interior/dash swap. I didn't get far but here are some pictures anyhow.

The dash is completely stripped. It kind of has me wondering what I want to delete now that I have the chance to. lol

Last edited by DSMINMN; 07-23-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Old 08-20-2012   #171
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Just a little update. I picked up some parts for the Talon a few Weeks ago.

Anyone should be able to see one of the parts. Lol Here's the other one.

Lastnight I filled the hole with cardboard and put two more layers of fiberglass on. According to my dad however, the resin didn't harden. My dad messed with it and here is the result.

When I get a chance I am going to file it down and drill out the holes for gauges and buttons.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 08-20-2012 at 08:32 PM..
Old 11-25-2012   #172
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

I haven't really worked on the car since my last post. I've worked on some of the dash/interior parts however. One part would be the center vent gauge holder/cluster. I cut out the holes for the buttons I plan to use.

I also just found a close size hole saw (51mm) to fit my 52mm gauges. It will at least get me on the right path of getting the gauges put where they belong.

I'm not sure if I am going to keep the stagger/angle I have between each of the gauges; like I have draw here.

Here's a picture from September of the dash and how it should be setup when I am done. Minus the gauges obviously.

On another note, I have started cleaning up my old laptop to start refreshing it for its future job as a tuning laptop. I know next to nothing about computers or operating systems so I will probably have to look around on what I want to do with this. Especially as far as upgrading it goes. None the less, here she is in her unfound glory.

Since winter is starting, and the Colt is DAMN NEAR done (thank God), I am going to start from the ground up with this thing. Suspension and possibly braking is on my list of things to do. Stay tuned for that. Thanks for looking!
Old 02-04-2013   #173
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Here are a few items a friend and I picked up yesterday. These don't even begin to scratch the surface on how much stuff we got for a great deal. We had to drive a few hours but it was well worth it.

Depending on what I keep, I should have a spare 7 bolt short block and something to get a 6 bolt swap possibly started.
Old 01-08-2014   #174
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Well, I guess it is about time to blow some of the dust off of this again..

Engine and trans. pull? Sounds a lot more simple than pulling the auto. alone to me.
Old 01-25-2014   #175
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

So a friend and I hauled this thing up here to Bemidji a few weeks ago. Kind of a pain to load and unload off of the trailer with wood planks to help it not rub. Then the planks got wet as we unloaded; INTERESTING (sliding and shit).

As the weather started getting colder and classes started up I just put off pulling the transmission.. Now this here...I'm not even sure how to explain. The owner of the apartment had an older gentleman come pickup and fix his snow blower (you can see in the second picture).

The day after he dropped it back off I came out to see this.

That would be a nice size dent and chip down to what I think may just be metal. I don't honestly remember but I do have part of the paint chip in my truck. You could say I wasn't and still am not too happy about it. My assumption is that the older guy that came to work on the snow blower and tried fixing it by flipping it on it's side in between my truck and the car. Obviously hitting the damn thing and saying nothing.

The owner of the apartment said he will take care of it so I'm not going to complain. What a pain in the ass though. After all the work to paint this thing. Stupid..

I guess this time it's getting wrapped in some damn bubble wrap!

Hopefully next time I can post on a positive note instead of bitching!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-18-2014 at 01:07 AM..
Old 01-26-2014   #176
mark4g63t

Drives: 95 Talon TSI

Get it before it starts to rust.
Old 01-26-2014   #177
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4g63t View Post
Get it before it starts to rust.
I am indeed going to have to do something pretty quick here.
Old 04-12-2014   #178
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

I am somewhat sad to be posting in this thread but happy as well. I am sad for the fact I had this car running for a few weeks (driving too I might add), then suddenly it decided to break itself. In nothing but true DSM fashion of course. I am happy as of the direction this car will FINALLY be taking!

Now to answer all of the questions; yes the front bumper came off. It was to attempt to fit the MAP FMIC kit I picked up for cheap. I just left it that way because I had a feeling something stupid was going to happen and I'd likely need it off anyhow. Guess who was right?

Sometime this week I took the car out to go grab some McDonald's. I pulled up to a stop light with intentions to turn right and did so. As I completely the turn the transmission seemed to nearly downshift then maybe slip. It revved to probably 8k then jump back down. I instantly got over to the other side of the road and costed into Holiday.

I called a bunch of people and finally found a friend to help. I attempted to drive it as this grinding sound persisted from the transmission. I was about 5 blocks from Northwest Tech. so I wasn't worried. After about 4 blocks of going 20MPH (the max speed it would go), I gave up and we pulled it with a mini-ass strap.
Old 04-12-2014   #179
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

I don't have any picture of the car now because it just kind of pisses me off to see it. Sometime in the next few weeks/months I am going to remove the engine and trans. I have plans to finally build my 2.3 stroker I've wanted to forever and a day.

That would be my Evo.III block I am having a buddy bore & hone .020" over, line hone and resurface. I have ARP main studs ready as well as head studs. When my summer job starts up the saving begins. Hopefully by PG2 I can have this make an appearance as a WIP but still running.

I'm thinking Wiseco HD's @ 9.0:1 and Manley Tuff I-Beams. Maybe Crower rods; I haven't decided. I've got the 2.4 crank already though so I'm set there. Bearings are probably going to be ACL or Kings; can't decide.

Tuning and fuel will be 'Link V3, probably a DW 300 or Wally' 400, -8 line, FIC 2150s so I never have to worry about injector size.

Turbo will be the HX35W on either a MAP T3 or in a Bullseye housing; not sure.

I'll start the head work...as soon as I can find a damn 2g head for less than my left nut or I don't have to drive 4 hours for to end up with nothing.

Any way, just your run-of-the-mill bronze thingamajigs, swirl polished doohickeys & metal bottle shaped things. Nothing fancy.

I will update as I make the little progress I can for the moment. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-12-2014 at 11:56 PM..
Old 04-14-2014   #180
evotuner

Drives: 2004 Evo 8

2.3's ftw!

2004 AS Evo VIII - MAP 2.3/FP Green E85 480/450 @30psi #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - Stock Motor/Turbo/E85 388/404 #RonnieTuned

2006 WW IX RS - 20K Miles - SOLD

2006 WW IX RS 396/404 - SOLD
evotuner is offline   Reply With Quote