MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 09-10-2012   #1
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4
Injector question

So a little background. 04 Stratus,4G64, sohc, going to FI. Been doing hours upon hours of reading over at club3g, but no one has answered this one question. Hopefully I am not confusing on this. lol.

I know I will run the evo 560's in my setup once i get it all completed, however, I am trying ot take care of the small time consuming stuff before hand. That way all the electrical and fuel system is ready to go before I actually get the turbo stuff on.

So....I searched and found out that the DSM 240cc injectors are high impedance..And that the stock injectors in the 01+ 4G64 are 240cc high impedance.

So...In theory....could i swap the DSM 240's in, with the dsm injector clips and the car would run ok without any tuning needing to be done?

I would also wire in the resistor pack, but just make a bypass for it right now. that way I could just unplug bypass, and plug in resistor pack when it was time.

Sorry if this sounds confusing. lol
Old 09-10-2012   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: Injector question

I take it the 240cc injectors are from an NT? Typically our stock injectors are low impedence and need to use the factory resistor pack, not sure about 240's because I've never heard of anyone using anything that small. The new trick in really large injectors is going to high impedence, in which you'd get rid of the resistor pack. As long as they are both the same impedence(high-low), you should be able to drop them in with no tuning. The 560's you'll need to pull fuel back at low rpm and idle. To swap from resistor packs, you take a stock one and get rid of the resistor and splice all the wires together, that way you can just swap between the two.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #3
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Sounds like that will work Brian. Yes, the 240cc hi impedance injectors are from the 1g N/T.

Why bother swapping 240's though? Are the DSM ones a different style than what it runs stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #4
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
Sounds like that will work Brian. Yes, the 240cc hi impedance injectors are from the 1g N/T.

Why bother swapping 240's though? Are the DSM ones a different style than what it runs stock?
The Evo and dsm injectors use different clips. So, what I am trying to do is get the injector clips wired up and still be able to drive the car until I get the rest of the turbo parts.

I am just trying to get the wiring and electrical aspect of everything done first. So swapping to the dsm 240's would allow me to keep the car running, and have the dsm injector clips on and ready to go.

Last edited by Perkul8r; 09-10-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #5
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Oh ok. Yea, I mean that should work. they flow the same and are the same impedance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote