MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 05-12-2009   #1
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

F/S: 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I'm getting rid of a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. This truck has been my daily driver for the last 2 years, and I absolutley love it. For the amount of miles on it, It's given me very minimal issues, and to be perfectly honest, I really don't want to sell it, but with the possibility of me moving 30 miles from work, I'm going to need something with better gas mileage. Here we go!

Specs:
-1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
-4.0L Inline 6
-Auto
-Flat black (yes, it's murdered out)
-2 Wheel drive (currently)
-276k Miles on the clock (Yes, I realize that's a SHITLOAD of miles, but I'm not joking when I say that this thing still runs and drives awesome. I'm guessing that the trans isn't original either, because it still shifts perfectly)
-Power windows/locks/cruise control

The good:
-Like I mentioned, the truck starts, runs, and drives GREAT, even through our shitty MN winters. No crazy clunks from the suspension or steering, no vibrations, nothing
-31" Yokohama Geolandar AT2's (they actually have some tread left too, should last the summer)
-New power steering pump and serpentine belt in the past month
-New water pump, idler pulley, plugs, wires within the past year (might need a new set of plugs by now, but there are no problems so I've just left them in)
-NEW (from jeep) ECU (bad ECU's are a common problem in the 93's, and a new one is $600, so you don't have to worry about that anymore)
-Replaced the crank sensor when I replaced the ECU (about 6 months after I bought it, also another common problem)
-Has an older style 5 knob AFC Fuel controller in it to squeeze a bit of gas mileage out of it. I can remove this if it's something that you don't want in the truck, but it gets around 16 miles to the gallon, sometimes a bit more
-New fuel pump replaced last summer

The bad:
-The biggest issue with the truck is that if you want the 4WD to work, the front diff needs to be replaced (or a new ring and pinion put in). When I bought the truck, there were 2 different size tires on it and it tore up the front diff. It still works great in 2wd, and I havn't gotten stuck in the 2 winters I've had the truck
-Rear main drips a drop of oil every now and then, but nothing rediculous that requires IMMEDIATE attention
-Rear pinion seal leaks a few drips as well (again, nothing that requires immediate attention)
-Power windows work GREAT, but only from the drivers control (another common jeep problem, can be fixed with a new connector on the back of the master switch)
-Drivers rear door was replaced at some point, and they didn't hook the electrical back up, so the window doesn't go down
-It was broken into a few months back, and they failed at stealing my cd player, but there are a few small cracks on the dash now from it
-Needs a new oil pressure sending unit (another common jeep problem. Right now it's just plugged because it was leaking so badly so the oil pressure gauge doesn't work, but it's only a $30 part, and very easy to install)
-There are 2 small rust spots on the truck. 1 on the passenger rear quarter panel, and 1 on the trunk hatch. Nothing bigger than a dollar bill

All in all, this is a great truck, and I honestly want to keep it. My need for something with better gas mileage, and wanting to mod something again is getting to me though. Come check it out!

PICS TO COME BY THE END OF THE DAY

$1000

Last edited by b00stcreep21; 05-15-2009 at 01:49 PM..
b00stcreep21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #2
b00stcreep21
I hate everyone

Re: F/S: 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4168.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	8617   Click image for larger version