MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Old 02-03-2014   #1
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Exclamation Heads - Who needs 'em?!

Like the title asks; who needs a head?

Currently I have 6 & 7 bolt heads ready to be rebuilt and sold. They can be stock rebuilds or performance based; it's up to you. The price will vary from what each individual wants to have done. You may also supply your own head if you wish.

The story behind this post goes as follows; I am attending Northwest Technical College to become a High Performance Engine Machinist. In one of the few cylinder heads classes I have this semester I must rebuild 6 sets of heads. Now if I were a V8 guy this wouldn't be a problem. Since I have zero use for any V8 heads, I have stuck with 4g63s. Now because of this, I have to complete 12 heads. Personally I have ZERO use for 12 4g63 heads. lol

Three or possibly four heads would be the MAXIMUM number of heads I could currently use on my own projects. Even that may be pushing it.

4g63

Clean and check - $20

Pressure test - $15

Valve job - $90

Resurface - $20

6g72

Clean and check - $40

Pressure test - $30

Valve job - $135

Resurface - $25

Guide and seat work will vary on number needing to be replaced.

Feel free to post up questions or concerns! If you're interested feel free to PM me as well!

Thanks!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 03-22-2014 at 06:08 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #2
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Heads - Who needs 'em?!

What's the cheapest?

No offense, but you can get a cheapish head job from local cyl head places not some kid in school.

But I like cheap head pretty much whenever where I can get it.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #3
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Don't we all.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #4
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
What's the cheapest?

No offense, but you can get a cheapish head job from local cyl head places not some kid in school.

But I like cheap head pretty much whenever where I can get it.
What're we talking? Disassemble, clean, bead blast, valve job, oil port mod, resurface? Maybe clean up all that inside flashing from these heads being cast faster than you could say Mitsubishi?

In all honesty; I can do nearly anything for about half of what most shops will charge. To be downright honest, the quality is there as well. Judge the fact I am still in school but remember that everyone has to start somewhere. No one is born with the knowledge to be a machinist, the ability to walk up to and operator a machine either.
Old 02-03-2014   #5
turbotalon1g

Again, I wasn't trying to offend you.

That sounds good and you should add that first paragraph to your original post.
What would the price be for a basic cleanup like that?

Quality will be in the pie, until you have trap speeds/dyno sheets/flow charts it will be hard for you to say something like that unless you are just talking basics.

If you had prices it might help too. Again I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just telling you what I think to you.

This seems like a good deal for people buying used heads and questioning their quality, kinda like what happened with GH a couple of months ago.
Old 02-03-2014   #6
Fejery4491

Drives: 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

If I can find a cheap enough head to throw your way I'll have you build me a pretty plain Jane back up head.
Fejery4491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #7
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Clean and check - $20

Pressure test - $15

Valve job - $80

Resurface - $20

The flashing and various porting work will be hourly. My rate for now will be $10.00/hr.

I hope this gives you all a little better of an idea of how cost effective this is. Until I am out of school. lol Then only God knows.
Old 02-03-2014   #8
dsmreck

Drives: 98 gsx

now thats not a bad deal really^
dsmreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #9
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Again, I wasn't trying to offend you.

That sounds good and you should add that first paragraph to your original post.
What would the price be for a basic cleanup like that?

Quality will be in the pie, until you have trap speeds/dyno sheets/flow charts it will be hard for you to say something like that unless you are just talking basics.

If you had prices it might help too. Again I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just telling you what I think to you.

This seems like a good deal for people buying used heads and questioning their quality, kinda like what happened with GH a couple of months ago.
I appreciate the clarification. It is though to say because of the all variables. Assuming the person wants to have the head cleaned, checked, pressure tested, have a valve job done, a resurface, the oil port mod and the flashing removed; it would be right around $180-200. It could easily be more with parts, gaskets and the like. That should give you an alright idea though.

The exact reason I came to 'Style with this was to get a name started for myself. A good one at that! As far as flow charts go, I still have to build the fixture to fit a 4g to our flow bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fejery4491 View Post
If I can find a cheap enough head to throw your way I'll have you build me a pretty plain Jane back up head.
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmreck View Post
now thats not a bad deal really^
I'm glad I don't seem to unrealistic.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 02-03-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-03-2014   #10
turbotalon1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
Clean and check - $20

Pressure test - $15

Valve job - $80

Resurface - $20

The flashing and various porting work will be hourly. My rate for now will be $10.00/hr.

I hope this gives you all a little better of an idea of how cost effective this is. Until I am out of school. lol Then only God knows.
Quote:
I appreciate the clarification. It is though to say because of the all variables. Assuming the person wants to have the head cleaned, checked, pressure tested, have a valve job done, a resurface, the oil port mod and the flashing removed; it would be right around $180-200. It could easily be more with parts, gaskets and the like. That should give you an alright idea though.

The exact reason I came to 'Style with this was to get a name started for myself. A good one at that! As far as flow charts go, I still have to build the fixture to fit a 4g to our flow bench.

Sounds good!

I'm glad I don't seem to unrealistic.
Those prices looks really good, those posts will really help keep "customers" informed and get them more likely to do business.

If you can do flow testing you will have 0 problems selling your services. I have an extra 1G head no-one seems to want if you need more cores, it came off my motor running just fine but my car is setup for 2G stuff.

Good luck to you.
Old 02-03-2014   #11
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Those prices looks really good, those posts will really help keep "customers" informed and get them more likely to do business.

If you can do flow testing you will have 0 problems selling your services. I have an extra 1G head no-one seems to want if you need more cores, it came off my motor running just fine but my car is setup for 2G stuff.

Good luck to you.
I'll let you know if I'm ever in need! I know I'll be making some trips down to pick up heads, parts and the like. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be asking the instructor about the flow bench again tomorrow. He told my friend (Honda enthusiast) and I what we needed to make to get our heads to fit the bench. He was pretty vague though and it was awhile back.

Thanks!

Last edited by DSMINMN; 02-03-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 02-03-2014   #12
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
That's a good price. Cylinder head express quoted me $385 for the same list of things. I told the guy to get bent and walked out, then got it done at a very small fraction of that number at a different shop a week later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #13
turbotalon1g

^PM shop info.
Old 02-03-2014   #14
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
That's a good price. Cylinder head express quoted me $385 for the same list of things. I told the guy to get bent and walked out, then got it done at a very small fraction of that number at a different shop a week later.
Understandable. This stuff takes some time. It really isn't too hard when you get everything setup, but the setup will sometime take you an hour or so. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 02-04-2014   #15
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

UPDATE

I talked to my instructor Paul a few minutes ago and he said he is willing to buy everything to make the 4g63 work with our SuperFlow SF-750! I have found everything needed (I believe), and I am about to pass the information onto him. I will keep updating this for everyone who is interested.

Thanks,
Chayce.
Old 02-04-2014   #16
dsm_talontsi

Drives: 91 Eclipse GST

I am interested and will get ahold of you when the time comes. This will help alt with price on my build. Thanks
dsm_talontsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014   #17
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm_talontsi View Post
I am interested and will get ahold of you when the time comes. This will help alt with price on my build. Thanks
Alright, awesome!

Thank you sir!
Old 02-05-2014   #18
bob123131

Where exactly are you located I might have a few heads I would be willing to pay you to do. Have more than a few broken dsm's sitting around.
bob123131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #19
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123131 View Post
Where exactly are you located I might have a few heads I would be willing to pay you to do. Have more than a few broken dsm's sitting around.
I am currently located in Bemidji. I go to Wadena every so often however. From there I can possibly meet people if I get a little gas money thrown in. Hell, I can make a trip to somewhere in the Cities to meet a bunch of you one of these weekends. Make the trip worth it.
Old 02-15-2014   #20
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Anyone planning on being out and about today? I'm feeling a trip down to the Minneapolis area. Let me know if there are any heads you want done!

218-640-2three83