MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 07-03-2004   #1
BadEklypz420

Tournaments Won: 6

I have a GS and I heard that I could swap out my bottom end with an SRT-4....anyone have any more details or advice on this? Thanks in advance
Jim
Old 07-04-2004   #2
ACRucrazy

The crank trigger and pickup are different on SRTs then all previous 2.0s and 2.4s, so a standalone would probably be needed.I dont see why it couldnt work though, as people have swapped regular Chrysler 2.4s into eclipse. And if your gonna do the bottom end why not do the head too?
Old 07-05-2004   #3
Emcee gsxtc

Send a message via AIM to Emcee gsxtc
Quote:
Originally posted by ACRucrazy@Jul 4 2004, 04:51 PM
The crank trigger and pickup are different on SRTs then all previous 2.0s and 2.4s, so a standalone would probably be needed.I dont see why it couldnt work though, as people have swapped regular Chrysler 2.4s into eclipse. And if your gonna do the bottom end why not do the head too?
Fuck that! Do the whole swap It would be alot faster than wasting your time tring to make everything good between blcok and head when you could get so much more out of just the entire swap.

Pick Two: FAST CHEAP RELIABLE
Emcee gsxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #4
ACRucrazy

Thats what I meant...
Wait you want to put just the pistons and rods into a 2.0?? Not gonna happen.. I though you wanted to put the SRT shortblock and use your 2.0 head into the Eclipse...

Ya, do the whole swap or nothing.
Old 07-19-2004   #5
JustROLLIN
SpunBearing

Breakout Champion! Field Goal FootBall Champion!
If you do go ahead and decide to do the motor swap let us know how it goes. I would be very interested to hear about it. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2004   #6
95tsi

Drives: a pos
How about swapping the "turbofold" onto the GS. As far as I know all you need to do is figure out a coolant line setup in addition to the oil lines.

Why are you looking at the bottom end only? Check out any SRT forums, I've heard of people swapping the turbofold from the srt to the Neon which would basically be the same motor as the GS(correct me if I'm wrong). As far as I know it seems to work good. Check some SRT forums to see what they are doing to make it work. Thats about all I know.

Good luck with it.
95tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004   #7
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance
The exhaust exits on the firewall side of the head on the Neons and the front side on the Eclipses. I wouldn't bother though, the 2G NT motors were not meant to be turboed. The ECU runs NA timing and there is no way to adjust base timing on it. It also doesn't have a MAS/MAF, which makes getting the proper fueling and running big injectors a big pain in the ass. The heads suck for power also. I dynoed a turboed GS today. Built bottom end, T3/T4 turbo, 16psi of boost, 250whp, oh boy. A friend of mine for a few years ago also had a turboed GS. He blew up a stock and built motor. He second built motor eventually made about 339whp on race gas at 27psi. It took a lot of money, parts, and time to get it to that point though. I can't more highly recommend not turbing an 2G NT, especially when there are factory turbo models of the same looking car available. The SRT-4 motor is cool though, I wouldn't take it over a DSM motor though.