MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 06-25-2008   #1
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Drives: Spyder GSX
Send a message via MSN to 95talonracer
Oil issue, help!

I just got my motor back in the car after sealing the oil pan and now it still leaks oil. I first sealed it with a felpro gasket and didnt like the way it ended up sealing so I took it off and used the dark grey rtv. Now it is leaking behind the timing cover and from a couple of the oil pan bolts. I had taken the timing cover off to check things out and it was leaking oil back there because the plug came off where the upper balance shaft was. I JB welded it back in and thought things were all good but no!! All I want it to do is run without leaking oil! I am contemplating just taking the oil pan and pump off and installing a new BS eliminate kit on a new oil pump with all new gaskets and re RTVing the oil pan. What should I do? I even checked all of the pump bolts and they are all tight.

Amsoil Dealer
95talonracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008   #2
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion
Re: Oil issue, help!

First off, stop using RTV.

"The Right Stuff" is a new formula that is much much better then any standard RTV, Plymouth Goodyear only uses "The Right Stuff" because we cant afford to have customers come back with leaks.

Secondly, if you are leaking oil from the front case, it would be a good idea to replace the following: Cam seals, New front case w/balance shaft elim, and a new crank seal.

That should remove all the possible oil leaks from the timing cover side.

And finally, make sure the turbo return line bolts are the proper ones with the washer and NOT the lock washers. If you use bolts with lock washers, they will leak, and cover the bottom of your oil pan with oil, and if you are driving your car, the oil mess will be spread out so much that you will not be able to tell where it is leaking from

PS: sock, the 4g63 did not use an oil pan gasket, you shouldnt need one, even if it is all bent to shit.
Old 06-28-2008   #3
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

Where do you get "the right stuff"? I put a new gasket on the oil filter housing and hopefully that helps otherwise my next steps are to reseal the oil pan and I am going with a stock headgasket and ARP's because the stupid ass titan HG didnt seal either.

Amsoil Dealer
Old 06-28-2008   #4
brando

Drives: gutlass
Send a message via AIM to brando Send a message via MSN to brando Send a message via Yahoo to brando

we use aviator sealant. it never dries and always stays tacky. we have never had a problem. its called form-a-gasget at the parts stor. just use a liberal amount on everything and you'll be good.
brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008   #5
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

Oil leaks are best taken care of from a top-down order, if your head gasket was leaking oil, you really cant assume something BELOW it was leaking (unless it is literally puking out and you are watching it).

Remember to NEVER use anything on the front case gasket or the oil filter housing gasket. (the exception is coppercoat, but mitsubishi did not use anything from the factory)
Old 06-29-2008   #6
95talonracer
Finally Tuned...

I will be installing a new factory mitsu head gasket with ARP's and reseal the oil pan with "the right stuff"

Amsoil Dealer