MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Video Forum

Old 01-09-2011   #21
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Fuct up traffic stop: guns don't kill people, people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
I might have burned a few bridges here before I kind of took a break from this forum but.......; if you can HONESTLY watch that video, no, just listen to that audio and come away from it and have no feeling of remorse what-so-ever, I honestly see you have a problem that you need to have dealt with...

Back on topic of the video: I literally feel sick to my stomach after having actually watched that video/listened to that videos audio. I think it is really sad we have people that actually commit things like this in our world.. It only goes to show though (but that is a different subject)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
If you cannot see a difference between a de-motivational poster and a video of a police officer getting murdered in cold blood may god have mercy on your poor stupid soul.
+1 because you beat me to posting that.. Also, not to be a smart-ass but, *God... JUST sayin'.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #22
Mwolf83

Drives: 91 Eagle Talon AWD, 02 WRX, 97 Civic Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
If you cannot see a difference between a de-motivational poster and a video of a police officer getting murdered in cold blood may god have mercy on your poor stupid soul.
I think I may have found the difference, I don't actually believe in "God". And that picture is the same as the guy who said PWNED, he was making fun of a person who died, and the pic is making fun of 6 Million who died. NO DIFFERENCE.
As far as your personal attack on my intelligence goes, unless your in the top 97% of humans, I'd be willing to bet your actually less intelligent than I am and I'm no genius.

Last edited by Mwolf83; 01-09-2011 at 09:36 PM..
Mwolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #23
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwolf83 View Post
I think I may have found the difference, I don't actually believe in "God". And that picture is the same as the guy who said PWNED, he was making fun of a person who died, and the pic is making fun of 6 Million who died. NO DIFFERENCE.
Knew it.... Just saying, again.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #24
Spikesoftail

Drives: 96 Talon Tsi AWD Auto

You dont need to believe in god to feel bad about this video. There is no similarity between the Hitler poster, and a video/ audio of someones dieing moments. How you can feel nothing, or worse, make a joke about this is about the most douchie thing you could do.
Old 01-09-2011   #25
Mwolf83

First, I wasn't the one who made the joke, I was simply saying that the guy who did has every right to feel the way he does about it. And once again there is no difference in the picture vs. video. I would be willing to bet that if you hadn't seen this video but Seth Macfarlane made some parody of it in a Family Guy or American Dad episode that you'd find some type of humor in it as well (the same way he does with all kinds of WWII references). And you all seem to find that funny as hell.
Old 01-09-2011   #26
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Drives: IS300
Send a message via AIM to Febo

So you are basically saying there is no difference between watching real life footage of something tragic, and fictional satire no matter how tasteless??

So like, if I watched a show about the holocaust and then decided to make some reference to them needing to eat a sandwich during one of the most painful and excruciating moments of the film, say when they were doing open heart surgery on a conscious patient, that would be ok and justified?

Again, there is this thing called decency. I recommended you and boostn2g get some and join the human race.

asshanson: emily was grossed out and asked me what kind of movies i'm into, very awkward
Febo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #27
Mwolf83

Just because it's real live footage of someone being gunned down vs. the common knowledge of 6 million people being brutally killed, many of whom were killed in this same way or worse (or any other tragedy in history) doesn't mean that I should have to feel sorry for this one person when it is normal for all others to laugh at things done as a joke such as the Hitler pic.

Last edited by Mwolf83; 01-09-2011 at 10:05 PM..
Old 01-09-2011   #28
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Maybe you don't have to feel sorry for him, but at the same time have the DECENCY to not say/support saying shit like "PWNED".

asshanson: emily was grossed out and asked me what kind of movies i'm into, very awkward
Old 01-09-2011   #29
Mwolf83

Again, I didn't say I supported the PWNAGE, I said that I supported the guys right to say it. Just like I still support everyone's right to carry weapons even though there are crazy ass people out there who will use them in a manner such as this. Just like I support the fact that you and almost everyone else can feel bad for the man in the vid.
Old 01-09-2011   #30
asininedervish

Drives: Evo

Freedom of speech doesnt apply here, as the term applies to government regulation of speech, not personal.

So its perfectly legal for him to say PWND or w/e, its just tasteless. So as long as everyone isnt trying to that guy lynched, its all good.

Im surprised he didnt fire earlier, but I also dont see where he could have opened fire before he did (vietnam dude drawing his gun).

Edit: I'm surprised he was banned though, thats in as equally poor taste as his comment.

Last edited by asininedervish; 01-09-2011 at 10:26 PM..
asininedervish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #31
ylimert01

Drives: Nissian

enjoy your payban, I cant take anymore babbling..that was horrible! i was kind of afraid to watch it but I did, I am going to pretend that he just went for a little nap otherwise i may not sleep.
ylimert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #32
Febo
Manic Narcissistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asininedervish View Post
Freedom of speech doesnt apply here, as the term applies to government regulation of speech, not personal.

So its perfectly legal for him to say PWND or w/e, its just tasteless. So as long as everyone isnt trying to that guy lynched, its all good.
You use your very first post on this thread??

No one is discussing legality, it is a matter of decency and tact. Something which was grossly overlooked in this instance.

But further more, you are right, there is no legal repercussions to banning him or stifling his freedom of speech as a result of his incredibly tasteless and tactless comment.

Old 01-10-2011   #33
bramagedained

Drives: EVO IX SSL

I really don't understand why the cop waited and didnt just shoot when he picked up the gun.

I wonder what the ROE for law enforcement is?
bramagedained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #34
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

I am wondering why myself the cop waited almost 30 seconds to shoot, come one, the dude picks up a gun and after the second command to put the gun down he continues to load the gun.... I do not know why the cop hesitated, but that is why the cop lost the battle and the person is on death row.

~John
Old 01-10-2011   #35
blackrosenova400

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramagedained View Post
I really don't understand why the cop waited and didnt just shoot when he picked up the gun.

Maybe the officer understood or felt sorry for what the vietnam vet had to endure?
Old 01-10-2011   #36
1G_DSM

Drives: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramagedained View Post

Police officers can use reasonable force. He could have used other means of force early on in that situation but he didn't. Again this was probably due to his superiors talking to him about using less force.
1G_DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #37
Mwolf83

As I was saying, I will stand by anybodies right to express their opinion and make tasteless jokes about any subject no matter how close to home it may hit.
Old 01-10-2011   #38
Mwolf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 View Post
I am wondering why myself the cop waited almost 30 seconds to shoot, come one, the dude picks up a gun and after the second command to put the gun down he continues to load the gun.... I do not know why the cop hesitated, but that is why the cop lost the battle and the person is on death row.

~John
If I was that cop I wouldn't have told the man to step back towards my car to begin with, he should've told him to get back in his vehicle right off, then when he started dancing around I would've assumed he was crazy or drunk as hell and made him get on the ground but I wouldn't have let him back near his own vehicle under any circumstance.
I would've fired one warning shot into the guys leg when he was leaning/digging in his vehicle and when I saw the gun it would've been game over for that old man....3 to the skull.
And then finished the day off with some newspaper interviews and a ton of paperwork, but still had my full health.
Old 01-10-2011   #39
Tachyon

Drives: Icarus

That video shook me up. No matter how many times you see violence and shootings though movies and video games, there is always some level of mental disconnect. This made my blood run cold.

This video happened about 12 years ago. I can kinda see why police nowadays are quick to use a taser before things like this get out of hand.
Old 01-10-2011   #40
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

After seeing the paybans I immediately went to the political section looking for reasons/explanations...didn't find much...however after reading the 1st post it pretty much summed it up. I might watch this when I get home, but after reading the thread I see little reason to.
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote