Cast Iron 0 0%
Metallic Gold 0 0%
Paint By Numbers 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2010   #41
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: 95 Talon TSi AWD

$18 get's you:

Got the snorkel hooked back up.. And we are now recirculated again.

Today, or yesterday rather was a day for the GS-T... Oil/filter change, o2 extender/adapter install, and rid the car of those ricer Japanese writing decals!

Also got a driver's side headlight, have the toenail spoiler, and very nice fog lights... But, IDK how I am going to keep fog lights on the car when I get an intercooler...(later on)..

Thanks for looking!
God bless.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:32 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #42
Chim55117

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

You should have just stolen that other Eclipse next to your own.
Old 08-21-2010   #43
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

I keep getting stumped on the fact that you say it isn't your choice when actually, it really is all up to you. You can choose to save up more money to properly paint it, you can choose to not have even messed with that body stuff, and fix whats currently wrong and be enjoying your car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #44
tehehodi
Braaaaaaaap!

Drives: '09 Silveraydo
Send a message via AIM to tehehodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
I keep getting stumped on the fact that you say it isn't your choice when actually, it really is all up to you. You can choose to save up more money to properly paint it, you can choose to not have even messed with that body stuff, and fix whats currently wrong and be enjoying your car...
I think he's secretly saving for that new and cool/fast blitz kit.
tehehodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #45
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN

Quote:
Actaully it ISN'T my choice. I want to paint it the rare 2ga Talon metallic blue color but MY DAD, the owner of the shop you see in the pictures doesn't want to do that... The problem is, it's not his car... He keeps taking over everything... We go to take the bumpers off my car, and he does everything.. Did I ask him to do that? No. So yeah, he does what he want's no matter what I want or not...

In other words, if he doesn't feel like doing it, it means I can't do it. So yeah.

Oh, and I was told you have to pull the engine to paint the engine bay which would be ok to me, but my dad wouldn't have that.

Also, it has hail damage on the old hood, the roof, dents all over the side, a quarter size dent that went all the way down to the paint, some back yard body shop repairs that we need to fix.

So I did have to start the body stuff.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Old 08-21-2010   #46
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMINMN View Post
Actaully it ISN'T my choice. I want to paint it the rare 2ga Talon metallic blue color but MY DAD, the owner of the shop you see in the pictures doesn't want to do that... The problem is, it's not his car... He keeps taking over everything... We go to take the bumpers off my car, and he does everything.. Did I ask him to do that? No. So yeah, he does what he want's no matter what I want or not...

In other words, if he doesn't feel like doing it, it means I can't do it... So yeah..

Oh, and I was told you have to pull the engine to paint the engine bay which would be ok to me, but my dad wouldn't have that.

Also, it has hail damage on the old hood, the roof, dents all over the side, a quarter size dent that went all the way down to the paint, some back yard body shop repairs that we need to fix.

So I did have to start the body stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehehodi View Post
I think he's secretly saving for that new and cool/fast blitz kit.
Kit as in body kit? No! NO! I hate body kits.

I would put a 2gb front bumper on, maybe back too, but that's the closest to changing out factory I will get.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-21-2010   #47
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim55117 View Post
You should have just stolen that other Eclipse next to your own.
That is my Eclipse. :/ '99 GS-T with stock chrome 5-spokes and rare tan/stone wash (I think it is) interior.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Old 08-21-2010   #48
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

Quote:

In other words, if he doesn't feel like doing it, it means I can't do it... So yeah..

Oh, and I was told you have to pull the engine to paint the engine bay which would be ok to me, but my dad wouldn't have that..

Also, it has hail damage on the old hood, the roof, dents all over the side, a quarter size dent that went all the way down to the paint, some back yard body shop repairs that we need to fix...

So I did have to start the body stuff...

Again, I see no where in that post that says you have to listen to your Dad 24/7. I know he means well, but YOU have to remember it's YOUR car, not his. I've had to go through this where I was in the middle of my engine swap and I had to leave the garage I was working on it at. So I took it to my parents and that caused nothing but problems because every time I'd come over it was to work on the DSM, not to help them, etc...

I don't mean to sound like a dick, bottom line is you gotta do what you gotta do. If you wanted to paint the car a certain color and do it properly, you should've saved up more before tearing into the body work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.

Last edited by 123abc; 08-21-2010 at 05:51 PM..
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #49
awd-drifter
'2of9'

Drives: Racer Van V6

Quote:
That is my Eclipse.... :/ '99 GS-T with stock chrome 5-spokes and rare tan/stone wash (I think it is) interior..
I too am confused...is it your's or your dad's? OR does your dad own it and you're just saying that it's yours? Like 123abc says, you gotta do what you gotta do when it's your car. if it aint your car, and it's your dad's...then...that's a whole 'nother story.
Old 08-22-2010   #50
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awd-drifter View Post
I too am confused...is it your's or your dad's? OR does your dad own it and you're just saying that it's yours? Like 123abc says, you gotta do what you gotta do when it's your car. if it aint your car, and it's your dad's...then...that's a whole 'nother story.
Legally they are both my dad's cars but he bought them both because I am into DSMs. The red one he got because it was so cheap for the condision it was in, and the Talon was just plain cheap lol.

He considers them my cars, but I consider the GS-T more his because I'm not ALL looks to the point where I would choose a FWD over an AWD just because the FWD is red. Confusing concept I would much rather not get into.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:35 PM..
Old 08-22-2010   #51
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
Legally they are both my dad's cars but he bought them both because I am into DSMs... The red one he got because it was so cheap for the condision it was in, and the Talon was just plain cheap... lol.
He considers them my cars, but I consider the GS-T more his because I'm not ALL looks to the point where I would choose a FWD over an AWD just because the FWD is red... Confusing concept I would much rather not get into...
Nice FWD DSM> POS AWD DSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #52
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
If you wanted to paint the car a certain color and do it properly, you should've saved up more before tearing into the body work.
I was quoted $4,000 for a color change by my dad so...yeah.

I'm not trying to be a dick either but my dad put me in a situation where I couldn't have paid his price, so I just went with it.

If I said I wanted to paid it a different color and said we had to take the engine out to do it, he would flip out. So that's also where it would end up. He doesn't want to have to deal with it. Might I add its not his car.

It's confusing, I know!

Plus my cousin got a nice ammount of paint on that Honduh as you can see (no cost to him), so I believe I should be getting some paint as well.

And if not, I'll pay.

Why would I pay that much when my dad owns a body shop...? He pretty much thinks he has to do everything, like I said earlier. So that is why it's hard to do anything, with or WITHOUT more or less money.

And your right, maybe I should have gotten more money but, I don't see what I would be paying for. Primer, paint, clear, and verious parts. Who charges their own family labor?

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 08-23-2010   #53
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
Nice FWD DSM> POS AWD DSM.
Not the point I was getting at..

Red FWD DSM with chrome rims and a spoiler!1!1!!! Green AWD DSM POS that will never be good no matter how much you put into it. That is how my dad has expressed his feelings.

Just saying..

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 01-09-2011   #54
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Just thought I would post an update.

I've been working on making this thing a little lighter.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 04-07-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-09-2011   #55
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

^^ Dry ice works good for that.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2011   #56
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Thumbs up Re: 95 Talon TSi AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhart View Post
^^ Dry ice works good for that.
Someone else told me this. Where can you even get that stuff?
Old 01-09-2011   #57
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4

I used to get it at my grocery store. But thats been a while.
Old 01-10-2011   #58
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
I used to get it at my grocery store. But thats been a while.
X2, thats where I always got it.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011   #59
19TsiAwd90
2stepadepaaadepaaadep

Drives: myself crazy

its hard to find sometimes now because of kids using it to make them dry ice bombs lol but i know some gas stations have it too
^^thats what modding is about.. your own enjoyment
19TsiAwd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #60
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

dont welding supply stores carry dry ice
twack is offline   Reply With Quote