Old 03-23-2013   #21
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Opinions twin disc clutches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmghost View Post
My act 2600 drags at high rpm as well. I get locked out above 6400 rpm, I wish I had a twin disk clutch.
If your clutch drags at 6400rpm, something is wrong. Check the step on your FW, make sure you have a properly match PP and disc. Mine usually started dragging around 7500+. 6400rpm sounds really low.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #22
dsmghost

Drives: 1gb Talon TSi AWD
Send a message via Yahoo to dsmghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
If your clutch drags at 6400rpm, something is wrong. Check the step on your FW, make sure you have a properly match PP and disc. Mine usually started dragging around 7500+. 6400rpm sounds really low.
I actually just have my clutch cut rev limit set to 6400rpm, that pretty much guarantees me a perfect shift into second gear every time. I've locked out of second and fourth a gear few times at 7k+, mostly due to a shift cable adjustment that was needed. So I guess I exaggerated before, just rooting for the twin disk!
dsmghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013   #23
cmspaz
Walls need hugs too

Drives: V10 Touareg, Beater Jetta, Evo IX

Twin is seriously the way to go.

You might get more than 8k out of your clutches then, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Smart chicks are better. Personally I like a girl to give me her thesis on how to solve the economic crisis while I put it in her ass.
cmspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013   #24
Pushit2.0
15min late to the world

I have run the QM twin disk for 2 years, shifting at 10,000rpm. I found out my clutch was dragging a little when I setup and used my 2 step last year. Also I was running Redline Shockproof light gear oil, which I have read is another reason I was burning up my 3/4 synchro set and my 2nd gear slider is now junk...

I have had good luck reading up on Jacks website or give MAP a call.

~John
Old 03-25-2013   #25
dsmolition
chemist

Drives: RR Evo 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin d dub View Post
I had the Isuzu salve. Clutch failed the following morning after i got the car tuned. They answered all my questions and were nice to me to. until i had issues. See almost every vendor will be nice when everything is ok. Its when something goes wrong when you see their true colors. PTT customer service suck knat balls. They said to me that a 900+whp car runs a PTT clutch at the track and he doubted I was making anywhere near that much power. WTF? I stated I had a 70mm turbo so I was making some decent power. I shot down his BS so he then goes on to blame my trans builder smh. This is that happened to me http://www.teamrip.com/clutch_info.html

The person who created QM twin discs left the company and created PTT. The clutch floater and pressure plates, and flywheels are interchangeable. I am not sure how one is better than the other when they are basicity the exact same thing. You can even swap discs if you have the right step height in the flywheel. I can only assume other issues were at play. I suppose I cannot be so quick to judge it just by other people’s success. I will have to keep driving the car and make my own observations. So far so good.
dsmolition is offline   Reply With Quote